Discussion topic: Sky Box - 'please wait' every time a Sky channel is chosen

This message was authored by ZanneF This message was authored by: ZanneF

Sky Box - 'please wait' every time a Sky channel is chosen

Every time I go into Sky or chose a Sky channel or a Sky programme on my Samsung TV, I get between 3-30 secs of 'please wait' and a whirring circle.  At the same time the network settings show as disconnected for a number of seconds, then everything loads.  It only started doing this a few weeks' ago, is there a known issue?  If so how can I, or when will Sky, fix it?  (All other devices and other TV apps, eg Netflix, are connected to the network/Internet without any break in service, it's only Sky on the TV).

Any ideas people?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Box - 'please wait' every time a Sky channel is chosen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky+ boxes (where you've posted) don't host apps. Which of Sky Q, Sky Glass or Sky Stream do you have?

ZanneF
Topic Author

I believe it is either a Sky Box or SkyQ.  The other apps, such as Netflix, are all working and connected to the Internet, it's just Sky that says it's disconnected.  The 'please wait' is every time I choose a different Sky channel (Atlantic to Sport, or Sport to Arts, for example) and then the disconnect/reconnect.  It's just very annoying and has only been happening for the last 3-4 weeks, never before that.

ZanneF
Topic Author

I should say the other apps are not through Sky, they're just on the TV.  When Sky is disconnected these are all available online, so just demonstrating there's no issue with the WiFi or Internet connection generally, only with Sky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion