Discussion topic: Set BBC region

This message was authored by stevengandpata This message was authored by: stevengandpata

Set BBC region

My Sky Q box went down and had to reset the connections. I have since lost my local BBC channel. I went into settings and could add ITV to my region. How can I add Yorkshire 

Best Answers
stevengandpata
Topic Author
This message was authored by stevengandpata This message was authored by: stevengandpata Answer

Re: Set BBC region

Hi all

setting BBC local under favourites worked and before I contacted Sky the local BBC came back on its own 🤷

thsnkyou for all your help👍

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Channel 101 should be your local channel (set by account postcode).

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

@stevengandpata wrote:

I went into settings and could add ITV to my region.

Hi @stevengandpata   That's quite novel, how did you manage that? I wasn't aware that there was any region settings in Sky Q apart from all the regional channels in the 800s.

stevengandpata
Topic Author
This message was authored by stevengandpata This message was authored by: stevengandpata

For ITV I went to Media Mole page and they give the information on regional channels and how to add them through settings menu

stevengandpata
Topic Author

101 use to be my local channel but since my Sky W needed resetting I now have a Southern channel and not Yorkshire

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@stevengandpata wrote:

101 use to be my local channel but since my Sky W needed resetting I now have a Southern channel and not Yorkshire

Ok, then you cannot change that.

What you can do is set up favourites where 1 is your correct region.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
stevengandpata
Topic Author

Hi

101 use to be my local BBC but not anymore. I think I will have to try and ring Sky

stevengandpata
Topic Author
This message was authored by stevengandpata This message was authored by: stevengandpata Answer

Hi all

setting BBC local under favourites worked and before I contacted Sky the local BBC came back on its own 🤷

thsnkyou for all your help👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion