Discussion topic: See all On Demand programmes on a Sky channel

This message was authored by Richardsky1 This message was authored by: Richardsky1

See all On Demand programmes on a Sky channel

New to sky q, upgraded from sky hd.

I'm trying to see all the programmes available to download on sky comedy, but it only shows me by category- top picks, sky originals, masters of stand up, best of us.

Not all programmes are there.  For example, I made a note that I wanted to watch John Early: Now more than ever.......before I left sky hd.  I can only find this via a search.  I can't see it on any menus.

Same for all the sky channels on demand (sky documentaries etc).

Sky box sets doesn't have a    by channel    option either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: See all On Demand programmes on a Sky channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richardsky1 wrote:

New to sky q, upgraded from sky hd.

I'm trying to see all the programmes available to download on sky comedy, but it only shows me by category- top picks, sky originals, masters of stand up, best of us.

Not all programmes are there.  For example, I made a note that I wanted to watch John Early: Now more than ever.......before I left sky hd.  I can only find this via a search.  I can't see it on any menus.

Same for all the sky channels on demand (sky documentaries etc).

Sky box sets doesn't have a    by channel    option either.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

hi @Richardsky1 

Unfortunately the layout on SKY Q does at times seem more restrictive showing what SKY think you might want   or in an order they think you might want rather than what you want in a logical order.

You should be able to find what you want by either Voice Search  (John Early:Now More than Ever was rrtunred with many other results for me when I trued 'John Early').

Alternatively use the manual search (the magnifying glass button below the Record button)

Richardsky1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Richardsky1 This message was authored by: Richardsky1

Thanks.  Yes, I can only find it via a manual search....but you have to know it exists in the first place to be able to search for it. 

The only reason I knew it existed was because I had it downloaded on my old sky hd box before moving to Q.  On sky hd I worked my way through (all) the programmes available to download by channel.

In this example - how would anyone ever come across        John Early: Now more than ever       on Q?

They would never manually search for it if they didn't know of it.

This seems like a massive flaw.

@Richardsky1 wrote:

Thanks.  Yes, I can only find it via a manual search....but you have to know it exists in the first place to be able to search for it. 

The only reason I knew it existed was because I had it downloaded on my old sky hd box before moving to Q.  On sky hd I worked my way through (all) the programmes available to download by channel.

In this example - how would anyone ever come across        John Early: Now more than ever       on Q?

They would never manually search for it if they didn't know of it.

This seems like a massive flaw.

@Richardsky1 

I can't disagree.

SKY Cinema is almost as bad - there is an 'All' listing but this is just one massive listing with no sub-divisions and being Q is thumbnails - that requires you to scroll through if you have the patience (& you loose your place once you make a selection)

How anyone in their right mind thinks that it is of much use is beyond me - it is almost like they felt they had to include it to meet a target

Richardsky1
Topic Author

Thanks for confirming.

It means most Sky Q on demand content is never going to be watched, because people don't ever get to see it in any menu/listing.  

Bizarre that Sky think this is ok.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@nigea99 wrote:

I can't disagree.

SKY Cinema is almost as bad - there is an 'All' listing but this is just one massive listing with no sub-divisions and being Q is thumbnails - that requires you to scroll through if you have the patience (& you loose your place once you make a selection)

Hi @nigea99 

Cinema listing All is in Alphabetical order

@oldfella wrote:

@nigea99 wrote:

I can't disagree.

Hi @nigea99 

Cinema listing All is in Alphabetical order

Yes I know  - fun scrolling  to get to a  film like Zulu !

(Obviously you wouldn't use it if you know a film you specifically want to watch but using it to illustrate a point)

Logical - yes

Usefull - pretty well not IMO 

Richardsky1
Topic Author

I got an email from sky to ask me if this answered my question. 

So I can say yes... I now know that Sky have no concept of what customers want and are quite prepared to downgrade their current system in order to make people constantly upgrade in the future. 

This message was authored by ChrisK8 This message was authored by: ChrisK8

Totally agree. I've had Sky Q for six years and this flaw drives me nuts!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion