Discussion topic: Searching in BBC Catch Up

This message was authored by Robert7373 This message was authored by: Robert7373

Searching in BBC Catch Up

How can I search for a programme in BBC Catch Up - All?   On the Sky + HD box I could type in letters to start the search, but seem unable to do this in Sky Q

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: Searching in BBC Catch Up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Robert7373   Simply pick up the remote and press the voice button and say the name of the programme.  Alternatively, press the search button (looks like a magnifying glass) and enter the letters as normal. There is no need to be in the BBC Catchup section.

Robert7373
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robert7373 This message was authored by: Robert7373

Thank you for the tip, what I was actully wanting to do was browse through what was on offer, and start the search at a particular letter (say 'G' just as an example) rather than having to scroll down for ages until I reach programmes beginning with that letter. Hope that makes sense.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robert7373 wrote:

Thank you for the tip, what I was actully wanting to do was browse through what was on offer, and start the search at a particular letter (say 'G' just as an example) rather than having to scroll down for ages until I reach programmes beginning with that letter. Hope that makes sense.

Why not use the BBC iPlayer app? That has inbuilt search functions

I am just another Sky customer!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion