Discussion topic: Screen is black and reset not working

This message was authored by Emily+Gerke This message was authored by: Emily+Gerke

Screen is black and reset not working

Hi

my sky box has gone completely blank, the green light is showing and when I press the standby button the amber is showing. I am on the right HDMI setting. I have reset the sky Q box but no message shows up (blue screen and once screen goes blank press home button). 
my tv is working as have used it to go on Amazon etc. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Best Answers
Emily+Gerke
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emily+Gerke This message was authored by: Emily+Gerke Answer

Re: Screen is black and reset not working

Hi, still nothing coming up when I do that. The only thing that happens is I can turn it on and off and the light goes from green to amber but that's it. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Emily+Gerke 

When the box is on try pressing the following keys in sequence

Home 1 0 8 0 Home

Emily+Gerke
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emily+Gerke This message was authored by: Emily+Gerke Answer

Hi, still nothing coming up when I do that. The only thing that happens is I can turn it on and off and the light goes from green to amber but that's it. 

hi @Emily+Gerke 

In which case can I suggest you try taking out the HDMI cable at both ends and then plugging it back in. 

If that doesn't help possibly try doing a power down restart of your TV (i.e. unplug or switch off at the mains)

Emily+Gerke
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emily+Gerke This message was authored by: Emily+Gerke

Hi @nigea99 

have just unplugged hdmi but still nothing. Have done 3 power Down resets now and still not changing. 😢

@Emily+Gerke wrote:

Hi @nigea99 

have just unplugged hdmi but still nothing. Have done 3 power Down resets now and still not changing. 😢

Probably clutching at straws here but can you try pplugging it into a different HDMI port on the tV and  then select that port.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Emily+Gerke wrote:

Hi @Emily+Gerke 

Have you tried pressing the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the Q box.
If this turns the Q box on
Try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Emily+Gerke
Topic Author

Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up calling sky and after trying multiple things turns out turning sky box off at the mains then turning tv off at the mains and waiting over 2mins to turn tv back on and then sky box back on it worked. Thank you for all your help and comments! Have a good day all. 

This message was authored by Barrie3333333 This message was authored by: Barrie3333333

Thank you so much for this thread, I too had a black screen. Tried swapping out HDMI cable, pressing home,0,1,8,0, home etc etc. turned out actually unplugging my TV for a few minutes solved it?! Just like OP so don't rule that out people 🙂

This message was authored by Ben+jam+in This message was authored by: Ben+jam+in

How bizarre!! Exact same issue, exact same remedy... thanks to your efforts!

Thank you ! @Emily+Gerke 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion