Discussion topic: Screen goes slowly dimmer until almost black

This message was authored by Lucyboo27 This message was authored by: Lucyboo27

Screen goes slowly dimmer until almost black

This morning I turned on the Tv and the screen was fine for a few seconds then went dimmer and dimmer until almost black. When I switch to normal Tv or apps (not within Sky) it's completely fine. Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Screen goes slowly dimmer until almost black

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lucyboo27 wrote:

This morning I turned on the Tv and the screen was fine for a few seconds then went dimmer and dimmer until almost black. When I switch to normal Tv or apps (not within Sky) it's completely fine. Any ideas?

Hi @Lucyboo27 What brand of TV do you have?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Lucyboo27
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lucyboo27 This message was authored by: Lucyboo27

JVC LT-43CF810 Fire TV Edition 43 Smart 4K Ultra

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@Lucyboo27 wrote:

@Lucyboo27 are you using the HDMI cable provided by SKY to connect the SKYQ box to your TV?

If not you may have a faulty HDMI cable, or it may be too long, and needs to be a shorter one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Lucyboo27 wrote:

I'm sure someone else mentioned they were having a very similar problem with an Amazon FireTV. It sounds like there might be an issue with how the FireTV OS reads HDMI input signals. 

What video resolution is your Q box set to output? Is it 2160P 8bit or 10bit? 

This message was authored by StuM2585 This message was authored by: StuM2585

We are currently having this issue did you figure out what was causing it? We have tried the usual things are restarted the sky box, changed the hdmi port and it still isn't making a difference our hdmi is the one provided by sky too it was fine this afternoon but this evening it's decided to stop working. We have had sky in for 2.5 years nearly and had the TV we have now for about 9 months with no issues. @Lucyboo27 

This message was authored by Cluckers21 This message was authored by: Cluckers21

Did you find out what was the problem or how to fix it? Ours has just randomly started doing it this afternoon! Weve tried everything.

This message was authored by LisaJoyce This message was authored by: LisaJoyce

We have the same problem. We have checked HDMI and reset box and still have the same problem. Please help with any other solutions. 

This message was authored by mia28 This message was authored by: mia28

Did anyone find a solution to this as i've only had my sky for 4 days and today it has randomly gone very dim 

This message was authored by StuM2585 This message was authored by: StuM2585

We hard reset the TV to factory settings and this fixed the issue. So may not be a sky related issue but a tv related one. 

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

@Lucyboo27 wrote:

More or less bang on the nail @StuM2585 @ . OLED tv's have asbl built in to protect the screen by automatically reducing the peak brightness, especiallyif there is a static picture on screen. On certain TV'S this can be adjusted but on some it is too aggressive. LG released a firmware recently to reduce the agressive dimming with some of their models, so it might be worth having a look to see if there is one for yours Lucy, if you have an LG that is. If you could post up your make and model I may be able to help further

This message was authored by Philz14 This message was authored by: Philz14

I just got my sky stream and the screen brightness keeps getting dimmer and dimmer 

what can I do 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Philz14 wrote:

I just got my sky stream and the screen brightness keeps getting dimmer and dimmer 

what can I do 

Is it the same type of TV?

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@Philz14 wrote:

what can I do 

What is the make and model of your TV?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion