Discussion topic: SKY Q2

This message was authored by Minnieminx99 This message was authored by: Minnieminx99

SKY Q2

Sky have asked me to move from Q1 to Q2.....does that mean that all the programs I have recorded on Q1 box will be lost? I did ask them and they said no, my programmes will remain but I'm not sure how that would be possible. Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: SKY Q2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Minnieminx99 wrote:

Sky have asked me to move from Q1 to Q2.....does that mean that all the programs I have recorded on Q1 box will be lost? I did ask them and they said no, my programmes will remain but I'm not sure how that would be possible. Thanks 

Hi @Minnieminx99 

Whenever your Q box is changed you will lose all Recordings.   Any Sky Store buy and keep purchases can be downloaded to a new Q box.

If you are talking about changing from a 1TB Q box to a 2TB Q box then you lose all recordings.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Minnieminx99 wrote:

I think there is misunderstanding, there is no Sky Q 1 or Q2,

Are they asking you to change your Q box to a different version box or get Sky stream?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Minnieminx99 wrote:

Hi @Minnieminx99 

Whenever your Q box is changed you will lose all Recordings.   Any Sky Store buy and keep purchases can be downloaded to a new Q box.

If you are talking about changing from a 1TB Q box to a 2TB Q box then you lose all recordings.

Minnieminx99
Topic Author
This message was authored by Minnieminx99 This message was authored by: Minnieminx99

Thank you for replying, sorry they said sky Q2 but it's the 2 tb box....I said I didn't want to change cos I'll lose recorded stuff and they said I wouldn't!! Really annoyed if I will lose recordings so they misled me 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Minnieminx99 

If you've gone ahead with this swap just remember to remove your viewing card from your current Sky Q box before (presumably) DPD deliver the new one and take the old one away. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Minnieminx99 wrote:

Thank you for replying, sorry they said sky Q2 but it's the 2 tb box....I said I didn't want to change cos I'll lose recorded stuff and they said I wouldn't!! Really annoyed if I will lose recordings so they misled me 

Yes you lose all Box recordings @Minnieminx99 

As I said any buy and keep purchases however can be reloaded to a new Q box.

Sadly not normal recordings.

Minnieminx99
Topic Author

Would the engineer do that? 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Minnieminx99 wrote:

Would the engineer do that? 

No and there is no engineer involved, a box swap is just a DPD doorstep swap out and you piug the new one in yourself. You can go to your purchases to get them if you need to.

Any normal recordings go off with the old box as they are hiding inside it in a little magic chest.

I've never heard of Sky suggesting this. Did you have to pay for this?

Minnieminx99
Topic Author

No I didn't pay for new box; I rang up to get a better deal as it had gone up by £30 + and they said they could give me newer sky box with loads more storage and would wave the £99 fee.  I asked about recordings, and she said they would move over!!! I have no idea why they would have said that, if it's not true. Feel misled 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Minnieminx99 wrote:

No I didn't pay for new box; I rang up to get a better deal as it had gone up by £30 + and they said they could give me newer sky box with loads more storage and would wave the £99 fee.  I asked about recordings, and she said they would move over!!! I have no idea why they would have said that, if it's not true. Feel misled 

Definitely lose your recordings with a box change.

If you don't need the extra storage space then I would keep your 1TB box, especially if you have important (to you) recordings you are not able to find by searching catch up or on demand.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Just don't swap it when it arrives. Apologise to the dpd bod and let them get on their way.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion