Discussion topic: SKY Q BOX

This message was authored by Krai This message was authored by: Krai

SKY Q BOX

I recently left the Sky and just wanted to know how much would it cost to keep my old sky q box 1 GB. Thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: SKY Q BOX

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Krai wrote:

I recently left the Sky and just wanted to know how much would it cost to keep my old sky q box 1 GB. Thanks.

You can't keep it, it is only loaned to you & must be returned.  If you ignore this, you will be charged a No Return fee, and you still won't own it & will be chased by Sky for it

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

The only option to keep the box is to have an active subscription.

if you don't want the base Sky channels (Signature) then there is an option to have 'Freeview' channels with PVR functionality for a smaller monthly charge.  You'll have to call Sky to get this.

as above, the box is a brick and must be returned to Sky if you do not have a subscription.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Krai 

Perhaps worth noting that without either 'Signature' or 'Essentials' as a live Sky subscription the box has no functionality (it will not permit Freesat reception, app access or playback of previously created recordings) so there's simply no point in retaining it even if Sky permitted such a thing.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Dallen9798 This message was authored by: Dallen9798

@Krai 

The box is basically useless without a Sky Subscription.

Its around £115 for the box as a non return charge if you don't return it.

You're best off moving to the freeview only pacakge with sky so you still retain basic box functionality like apps, recordings etc.

And it won't cost as much as Sky's signature package.

--------------------------------------------------
My views are my own and I will assist where possible.

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 2X Mini Box, Sky BB UF1, Booster 4

I am just a customer, If I've got something wrong feel free to tell me, If I've something right mark it as an answer
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@Dallen9798 wrote:

@Krai 

The box is basically useless without a Sky Subscription.

Its around £115 for the box as a non return charge if you don't return it.

You're best off moving to the freeview only pacakge with sky so you still retain basic box functionality like apps, recordings etc.

And it won't cost as much as Sky's signature package.

and even if you pay the £115, you still don't own the box

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Dallen9798 This message was authored by: Dallen9798

@Krai  @Invisiblename 

Correct, you won't own the box either, you're paying £115 to be chased for something that wont work lol

--------------------------------------------------
My views are my own and I will assist where possible.

Sky Q 2TB UHD, 2X Mini Box, Sky BB UF1, Booster 4

I am just a customer, If I've got something wrong feel free to tell me, If I've something right mark it as an answer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion