Discussion topic: Remove channels in guide

This message was authored by Nick53 This message was authored by: Nick53

Remove channels in guide

Our dad has dememtia and finds it impossible  to work through all the channels on guide. He only watches the same three channels so is it possible to remove other unwatched channels from guide so he only has the three channels available

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Remove channels in guide

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nick53 

That is not an option I'm afraid. Sky will always want to promote other channels to customers. The best thing to do is set the three channels he watches as numbers 1, 2 and 3 on the Favourites list then he only has those three numbers to remember. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Nick53 

That is not an option I'm afraid. Sky will always want to promote other channels to customers. The best thing to do is set the three channels he watches as numbers 1, 2 and 3 on the Favourites list then he only has those three numbers to remember. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Nick53 

hi @Nick53 

I strongly recommend the advice regarding favourites.

Unfortunately the TV Guide still defaults to all channels but there is an option to go to just the favourites - also if scrolled accross right within the  All Channels list pressing 1 (or other number) will position on that channel after a few seconds

Personally I have always wished that the TV Guide would default to Favourites list, if set, but SKY has not felt it worth it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion