Discussion topic: Remote problem

This message was authored by alienmitch2529 This message was authored by: alienmitch2529

Remote problem

2 Remotes just studdenly stopped working!

My sky Q swipe touch and the other, one of my sky extra boxes controllers can't use volume up! Can't go up! Also not turning tv on or off. 

Tried changing batteries

Syncing again 

Still nothing!

Sky bot no help at all!

Calling sky tomorrow as got remote insurance!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Remote problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alienmitch2529 

Unusual to have problems with two remotes simultaneously but if they are definitely broken/faulty, if you follow this link it should allow you to do some troubleshooting and then it’ll send you to a form to request a replacement (this is not available for ROI customers).
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch

I'm not sure if it will allow you to order twice. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@alienmitch2529 

Unusual to have problems with two remotes simultaneously but if they are definitely broken/faulty, if you follow this link it should allow you to do some troubleshooting and then it’ll send you to a form to request a replacement (this is not available for ROI customers).
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch

I'm not sure if it will allow you to order twice. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
alienmitch2529
Topic Author
This message was authored by alienmitch2529 This message was authored by: alienmitch2529

Hi, thank you for reply! My problem solved this morning. I called sky after more attempts Syncing again, still nothing from either controller, on both sky + controller extra box and the Sky Q swipe on sky Q box. So now two replacement controllers on there way. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@alienmitch2529 wrote:

Hi, thank you for reply! My problem solved this morning. I called sky after more attempts Syncing again, still nothing from either controller, on both sky + controller extra box and the Sky Q swipe on sky Q box. So now two replacement controllers on there way. 

@alienmitch2529 just be aware when they arrive you won't get another Q swipe remote as you call it as they have been discontinueed

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
alienmitch2529
Topic Author

Sky insurance replacing both controllers. 

Got main sky Q box and 3 mini boxes in 2016, so had a good 6yrs  controllers working.

Insurance explained they discontinued, told them I'm not bothered if new main controller not swipe as long as it works. Spent more time having to reset swipe controller over the years, they more hassle than button controllers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion