Discussion topic: Remote Codes

This message was authored by WRM1609 This message was authored by: WRM1609

Remote Codes

Can anyone provide the 4 digit codes for remote setup for Samsung and LG televisions?  I have 3 TVs on SkyQ. The find it for me option on remote setup works fine on all EXCEPT that on one telly the remote will not switch the set on and on the other 2 it will not switch the set off. I have tried all combinations in the find it for me option. I reckon the way to go is to set them up manually using the relevant codes, but I cant find the codes. Any help?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Remote Codes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WRM1609 wrote:

Can anyone provide the 4 digit codes for remote setup for Samsung and LG televisions?  I have 3 TVs on SkyQ. The find it for me option on remote setup works fine on all EXCEPT that on one telly the remote will not switch the set on and on the other 2 it will not switch the set off. I have tried all combinations in the find it for me option. I reckon the way to go is to set them up manually using the relevant codes, but I cant find the codes. Any help?

Hi @WRM1609 

Afraid all the latest Bluetooth remotes do not use codes.   Only the original Sky Q infrared remote (no voice control ) used the 4 digit codes.

All now use Brand and model

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@WRM1609Both Samsung and LG are available during setting up the remotes.

However on/off is a different problem as it uses HDMI control (CEC) so you need this turned on in both the Q box and the TVs.
Then a short press on the on/off button should turn the Q box and TV on however to turn it off you need a short press to turn the box off and a longer one to turn the TV off. The timing is quite critical, I found counting to 3 is about right for TV off.

Try this link for help with your Q remotes
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/what-would-you-like-help-with.

WRM1609
Topic Author

Thanks - didnt realise that. Had assumed, without actually trying it, that the manual setup used codes as it used to.

WRM1609
Topic Author

Thanks bob1234 - never heard of CEC! Obvious question - how do you check if it is turned on?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Hi @WRM1609 

CEC control is normally turned on by default in Q boxes.

Home - Settings - Setup - Audio Visual.     HDMI control.

CEC (HDMI Control must also be on in the TV settings.

• On Sony it Bravia sync.
  • On Samsung Anynet
  • On LG Simplink
WRM1609
Topic Author

Thanks all - really appreciate the prompt help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion