Discussion topic: Recordings do not start at beginning

This message was authored by Anthony16u This message was authored by: Anthony16u

Recordings do not start at beginning

A lot of my recordings do not start at the beginning. I have to keep going view from start??

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Recordings do not start at beginning

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anthony16u 

A possible reason is if you've perhaps been channel hopping and flicked over to that channel for a few seconds the box will think you've watched it up to that point and will restart there the next time you go to watch it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Anthony16u
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anthony16u This message was authored by: Anthony16u

Sorry that's not the case. Even when we have been out, it still happens. So it's not because of Chanel hopping?

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Channel hopping is the main cause of this. It's a really annoying thing about Sky Q that it seems Sky can't or won't fix.

The only other possibility is you left your box on the channel being recorded while out, then the box went into auto-standby during the recording, and will think you have viewed up to the point it went into standby.

Anthony16u
Topic Author

Example: we what bbc news in the morning nothing else then we go on the planner to what Lorraine. We have to press watch from start ??

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anthony16u wrote:

Example: we what bbc news in the morning nothing else then we go on the planner to what Lorraine. We have to press watch from start ??

hi @Anthony16u 
When and how have you set Lorraine to record?

Anthony16u
Topic Author

It's set on the schedule to record daily 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion