Discussion topic: Recording stick at 0% download except BBC

This message was authored by PSAA This message was authored by: PSAA

Recording stick at 0% download except BBC

On Friday morning my sky TV guide woudln't load - probably a software update so did the obvious, reboot the sky box and all was well..........  Until I tried to record something.  When you try and record anything from catch up TV (except BBC) the download sticks at 0%.  It will however record shows that are shown live on TV so all series links work.

Not the end of the world except this happened last year and wasn't resolved for 3 months until the next software update was installed - that's the best that sky could do.  I'm irritated this has now happened again as how many people watch live TV these days - we all surf around and choose box sets or the like that we want.

Has anyone else had this and how did they resolve it?  I refuse to do a factory reset as that's one of the steps suggested last time which didn't work and meant I lost any my prior recordings so didn't have those as back ups. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Recording stick at 0% download except BBC

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @PSAA, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @PSAA . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Marie48 This message was authored by: Marie48

We are having the exact same problem. Downloads stuck at 0% and tried all troubleshooting. Any help available?

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Marie48 wrote:

We are having the exact same problem. Downloads stuck at 0% and tried all troubleshooting. Any help available?

Hi @Marie48 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
PSAA
Topic Author

Thanks Lisa but the engineer will be here on Monday so I'll now just wait for that.  Appreciate you getting back to me.

PSAA
Topic Author

Hi Marie.  The engineer is coming on Monday so I'll post again once they've been if there is anything useful I can share.  My prediction is that it can't be fixed until the next update (just putting it out there!!) but I'll be very happy to be wrong and there is something that can be done.

Will let you know.......

PSAA
Topic Author

As sky engineer came out yesterday afternoon - a lovely man.  As predicted he tried everything including putting in a brand new box, swapping out the card and pinging the existing card.  Nothing worked and I am still where I am (this time at least with my old box back in place so I at least have my old recordings).

I will be phoning sky this morning again to report the issue.  I would have been very happy to be wrong in my prediction but I wasn't - here we go again - I'm guessing I'll have my full service back in roughly May when I'm guessing the next update will be released.........

I hope you have better luck @Marie48 but I promised I would let you know the outcome.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

have you / did the technician try connnecting the Q to the router via ethernet?

PSAA
Topic Author

Thanks @Chodley  No he didn't do that but BBC and ITV download just fine so it's not a connection issue he didn't think. 

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@PSAA  You have my sympathy but I don't understand why you think a software update will resolve your issue? If it was a software 'bug' we'd all be having problems.

I am just another Sky customer!
PSAA
Topic Author

Hiya. I totally get why your asking this. It's because the exact same thing happened a year ago. That was the best sky could suggest and lo and behold, after the update everything worked again but the updates are every 3 months or so. 

PSAA
Topic Author

Oh, also, the engineer that came last year told me this was a known issue affecting some but not all people. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Marie48 wrote:

Try the rebooot of your box and if not cured try the reset hard drive option, as described in this Sky help article  linked below;
Sky Help | Sky.com.

If that does not solve your probem, at the bottom of the second page fo that help article you can order a replacement box online.
If you do order a replacement one, make sure you remove your Sky viewing card from your broken box, as you will need this to place in your new replacement box.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@lettice wrote:

@Marie48 wrote:

Try the rebooot of your box and if not cured try the reset hard drive option, as described in this Sky help article  linked below;
Sky Help | Sky.com.

If that does not solve your probem, at the bottom of the second page fo that help article you can order a replacement box online.
If you do order a replacement one, make sure you remove your Sky viewing card from your broken box, as you will need this to place in your new replacement box.

@lettice apparantly an engineer tried a different box and the OP still had the same problem?

And now has the old box reinstalled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion