Discussion topic: Re: Connecting surround sound

This message was authored by Andrewp118 This message was authored by: Andrewp118

Re: Connecting surround sound

Can I jump on this thread please! I have a similar problem. I have a soundbar with one hdmi and one optical, a skyq box and a tv with only one available tv hdmi because I have a firestick in the other. It is an e-arc port. Can I set this up so that only one hdmi port is used on tv and soundbar and sky q connect via optical? Sorry, but I have no technical knowledge!

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andrewp118 wrote:

Can I jump on this thread please! I have a similar problem. I have a soundbar with one hdmi and one optical, a skyq box and a tv with only one available tv hdmi because I have a firestick in the other. It is an e-arc port. Can I set this up so that only one hdmi port is used on tv and soundbar and sky q connect via optical? Sorry, but I have no technical knowledge!

hi @Andrewp118 

So as not to confuse the orignal discussion with replies to both I thought it might be better to separate your query into a new discussion.

If you do not need Atmos sound then using an optical cable from the SKY Q box to your Sound bar might be a suitable option for you.

If you can give make & models for both TV & Sound bar and what else besides the Firestick is using any HDMI ports & anything else connected to the Sound bar, we might be able to think of alternatives - although using an optical cable as above might be the simplest for you at this time

Andrewp118
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andrewp118 This message was authored by: Andrewp118

Soundbar/skyq/firestick/tv connection problem

I have a soundbar with one hdmi and one optical, a skyq box and a tv with only one available tv hdmi because I have a firestick in the other. It is an e-arc port. Can I set this up so that only one hdmi port is used on tv and soundbar and sky q connect via optical? Sorry, but I have no technical knowledge!

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: Soundbar/skyq/firestick/tv connection problem

Is there an optical out on the TV rather than using eARC?

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andrewp118 

I have moved your new post with your existing post.

As per my initial reply, please give us the extra details I asked so we can try to advise

Have you tried an optical cable from SKY Q to Soundbar  that I said should work for you ?

Andrewp118
Topic Author

Thanks for the advice. The optical solution has worked perfectly! Many thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion