Discussion topic: Radioplayer App

This message was authored by Paul2360 This message was authored by: Paul2360

Radioplayer App

Why do the details of currently-played music not show?
'On-Air' generally shows "No Information".

Additionally, when the feature occasionally works, it often shows the wrong track e.g. the preceding or next one.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Radioplayer App

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul2360 

That's outside the control of Sky: each individual station feeding data into the app needs to populate playlist information.

I'd imagine the app owner (UK Radioplayer Ltd) could potentially link to a music identification service, but that would presumably require a commercial agreement at considerable cost.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Paul2360
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul2360 This message was authored by: Paul2360

Thanks, but why would the facility work sometimes for a station and, at other times, not at all or wrongly for the same station?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul2360 

Given each playlist is presumably compiled manually by a producer or other staff member at the channel concerned and submitted into the Radio Player infrastructure, perhaps that's just not happening consistently.

https://support.radioplayer.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/48000824348-advanced-topic-station-scre... 

Not really my area, but I'd assume it's the 'most recent metadata' section which is relevant.

{

"meta_data_type":"live",

"meta_data":  

{

"StreamTitle":"Elbow - One day like this",

"StreamUrl":"http://www.bbc.co.uk ",

}

}

I'd note that the appearance of track titles is also inconsistent on DAB radio, probably for the same reason: if the information isn't in the submitted metadata then it cannot appear on a display.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion