Discussion topic: Problems with new youtube set up

This message was authored by Wyncroft This message was authored by: Wyncroft

Problems with new youtube set up

Sky have now removed Youtube kids and its on the main Youtube app. In the past my kids could not access youtube becauseI have put the parental lock on.

now, since the change, i unlock Youtube so they can watch their account which is set to youtube kids but they can access the main account (mine) which has access to all youtube.

any ideas how to lock the main youtube account but allowing them access to their profile???

Best Answers
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

Re: Problems with new youtube set up

This decision was unfortunately made by Google who have decided to close down the YouTube Kids TV app on all platforms by July. You may want to send your feedback directly to Google/YouTube (if you can find a way to contact them).

Google is shutting down the YouTube Kids app for TV | Mashable

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Wyncroft wrote:

Sky have now removed Youtube kids and its on the main Youtube app. In the past my kids could not access youtube becauseI have put the parental lock on.

now, since the change, i unlock Youtube so they can watch their account which is set to youtube kids but they can access the main account (mine) which has access to all youtube.

any ideas how to lock the main youtube account but allowing them access to their profile???

Hi @Wyncroft Read the content for YouTube Kids in the link Here 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Templem This message was authored by: Templem

Thank Quoman, but this is about as helpful for parents hoping to stop their children from accessing non age appropriate content as telling us us how to control the volume on the TV.

The issue is before YouTube kids (which is still available everywhere but tv) was a child friendly and safe space where parents didn't have to worry about what was playing. Now any child can switch to the parent or guest account and watch whatever they want. 

What we really need is the ability to turn off guest and put a pin on adult accounts. 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81 Answer

This decision was unfortunately made by Google who have decided to close down the YouTube Kids TV app on all platforms by July. You may want to send your feedback directly to Google/YouTube (if you can find a way to contact them).

Google is shutting down the YouTube Kids app for TV | Mashable

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion