Discussion topic: Poor tv service

This message was authored by Desman This message was authored by: Desman

Poor tv service

For months now, my tv service has been very poor. Channels either don't broadcast at all, saying that there is a technical fault, or the channel glitches so much that it is unwatchable. Also very annoying when I have recorded something only to find that it wasn't recorded due to technical fault or has been recorded but is unwatchable due to glitches. 

Sky vip customer for 15 years but no help from the technical advisors. Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Poor tv service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Desman wrote:

no help from the technical advisors.

@Desman 

What have Sky said then in the last few months? Have they suggested a box swap for instance? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Desman
Topic Author

This is the 1st time I have called as I had a similar issue last year and it took several calls and 4 engineer visits to rectify.

They are asking me to go through their troubleshooting steps, which I am familiar with and have already done myself. I can't do them right now as I am not at home but they're refusing to book an engineer or let me speak to a manager. They wouldn't even put me through to the department that processes cancellation of my subscription. They just kept saying, you need to troubleshoot or there's nothing they can do.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Desman you'll need to complete the troubleshooting with them as a first step. There's no point Sky sending an engineer if the problem can be resolved without one. 

You can't cancel if you're 'in contract'.

Desman
Topic Author

Thanks. I have been with Sky for 15 years and I am very familiar with the troubleshooting process. I've already carried out the troubleshooting steps at home and it hasn't resolved the issue. I wanted to book an engineer because I already know that is what is required but they wouldn't entertain it. I also know that I won't be able to leave if I'm still in contract with them.

I just want my service to work properly.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Desman wrote:

Thanks. I have been with Sky for 15 years and I am very familiar with the troubleshooting process. I've already carried out the troubleshooting steps at home and it hasn't resolved the issue. I wanted to book an engineer because I already know that is what is required but they wouldn't entertain it. I also know that I won't be able to leave if I'm still in contract with them.

I just want my service to work properly.

@Desman as frustrating as it is Sky will need you to go through their troubleshooting with the advisor before they can book an engineer even if you have already done these troubleshooting steps your self 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion