Discussion topic: Persistant Pin

This message was authored by snowdon3000 This message was authored by: snowdon3000

Persistant Pin

Is there such a thing as ' Persistant Pin ' and does it mean that if  enabling it , it saves having to enter my Pin number each time when requested ? I've looked in setting , but can't find anything related to it . It's for my new Q box . Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Persistant Pin

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@snowdon3000  You've posted this in the Sky stream forum, so do you have Sky Q as posted or a stream puck?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

snowdon3000
Topic Author
This message was authored by snowdon3000 This message was authored by: snowdon3000

Juat had a Sky Box . Don't know what a stream puck is .

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@snowdon3000 wrote:

Is there such a thing as ' Persistant Pin ' and does it mean that if  enabling it , it saves having to enter my Pin number each time when requested ? 

No such option exists.  The Broadcasting Code requires entry of the Mandatory Daytime Protection PIN to view post-watershed content being carried in daytime hours on platforms to which the Code applies.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@snowdon3000 

If you're watching age restricted content pre watershed then it'll always ask for the pin regardless of your settings. It is an Ofcom requirement that Sky must adhere to and cannot be overriden by Sky or you.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion