Discussion topic: Paramount Plus not working on mini boxes

This message was authored by skycats This message was authored by: skycats

Paramount Plus not working on mini boxes

I have Sky Q with 3 mini Boxes. I have never had a problem  with Paramount Plus but it stopped working on all 3 mini boxes,   I have done the refresh on all three boxes and waited 24 hours but all that happens it the blue Paramount screen loads but just hangs there and doesn't go any further.  I am at my wits end as I watch Paramount Plus a  lot.  Please can you help me?

Best Answers
skycats
Topic Author
This message was authored by skycats This message was authored by: skycats Answer

Re: Paramount Plus not working on mini boxes

Everything is now working as expected.  I had a message from Sky on forcing the software update and it just worked.  Once the software has upgraded and the boxes have been reset, then it takes about 10 minutes for all the apps to be reloaded.

the instruction I was given is as follows:

Go to Settings, then System Info and highlight Software version.
Choose Setup and then select Software download.
Your box will start to download the latest software. This can take up to 10 minutes.
To check the status of the software download, go to Settings, then System info and highlight Software version.
When it says "Software update successful" press the Standby button on your remote.
When your box restarts, follow the on screen messages. You'll then be on the latest software version.

I hope this helps someone

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, skycats. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

skycats
Topic Author
This message was authored by skycats This message was authored by: skycats Answer

Everything is now working as expected.  I had a message from Sky on forcing the software update and it just worked.  Once the software has upgraded and the boxes have been reset, then it takes about 10 minutes for all the apps to be reloaded.

the instruction I was given is as follows:

Go to Settings, then System Info and highlight Software version.
Choose Setup and then select Software download.
Your box will start to download the latest software. This can take up to 10 minutes.
To check the status of the software download, go to Settings, then System info and highlight Software version.
When it says "Software update successful" press the Standby button on your remote.
When your box restarts, follow the on screen messages. You'll then be on the latest software version.

I hope this helps someone

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion