Discussion topic: Paid my bill but sky tv not working

This message was authored by Kim2413 This message was authored by: Kim2413

Paid my bill but sky tv not working

IMG_3815.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Re: Paid my bill but sky tv not working

I found this in another thread from @mikealanr 

This is a customer to customer forum so no one here can access your account. However you need to pay your balance (and it clear with Sky) and have a new continuous payment method set up for them to reinstate services:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/reinstate-a-sky-account-my-sky

It can take up to 24 hours. If you believe they should have been reinstated you will need to call Sky.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kim2413 

Do you mean you paid after your services were restricted due to a missed payment?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Kim2413,

This doesn't look like a bill issue unless they have sent the kill command to the card and the card is now effectively dead. But to me it looks like either a faulty card or a faulty box

Try and take the card out and give the gold chip a wipe with a micro fibre cloth, DO not use water as this can damage the card.

Then reinsert the card into the box with the chip facing up.

You could give the card slot a blow for good measure to make sure there's no dust on the contacts inside the box.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion