Discussion topic: PRICE INCREASES AND REMOVAL OF SD CHANNELS

This message was authored by Farmecross This message was authored by: Farmecross

PRICE INCREASES AND REMOVAL OF SD CHANNELS

Having re-negociated a new contract, which I excepted a 18 month locked-in agreement, from last December and cannot leave before, without paying a fee of some sort, I have now received notice of fee increases in Sky Broadband, Signature and Cinema, as well as, noticed this announcement of SD channels shutdown. I have some HD channels for Sky and Terrestrial channels, but not all. Does these mean that I will not only be forced into higher fees, that I can't get out off, but will loose some channels as well on my Sky Q box, as has already happenend with BBC/ITV/4 & 5 ones from channel's 801 upwards?

Alex

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: PRICE INCREASES AND REMOVAL OF SD CHANNELS

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Farmecross wrote:

Having re-negociated a new contract, which I excepted a 18 month locked-in agreement, from last December and cannot leave before, without paying a fee of some sort, I have now received notice of fee increases in Sky Broadband, Signature and Cinema, as well as, noticed this announcement of SD channels shutdown. I have some HD channels for Sky and Terrestrial channels, but not all. Does these mean that I will not only be forced into higher fees, that I can't get out off, but will loose some channels as well on my Sky Q box, as has already happenend with BBC/ITV/4 & 5 ones from channel's 801 upwards?

Alex

Hi @Farmecross 

Firstly you are not being forced into higher fees as it is in the Sky Terms and conditions that price rises are carried out yearly every April.

As regards any loss of SD channels from BBC they are all still in the TVGuide in HD on CH101 and onwards.

You do not need the Monthly Add on to view free to air channels in HD.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Farmecross wrote:

Alex

hi @Farmecross 

As far as we are aware, the planned changes to SD channels are just the way they are transmitted - only SD boxes will be affected as the older boxes cannot decode the different signal

Anyone with SKY Q or SKY HD boxes will continue to get the channels they currently do. 

Farmecross
Topic Author
This message was authored by Farmecross This message was authored by: Farmecross

Thanks. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion