Discussion topic: PIN number for Challenge?

This message was authored by himbo99 This message was authored by: himbo99

PIN number for Challenge?

Hello, just a quick question please, any idea why I have to put a PIN number in to watch Crystal Maze on Challenge? I've looked at the settings on my Sky Q box sky it is set at no age restrictions but it still requires a PIN to watch this particular programme. I am looking at a complete lifting of all restrictions which I thought I had done. Thanks for your help.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: PIN number for Challenge?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@himbo99 wrote:

I am looking at a complete lifting of all restrictions which I thought I had done.

If you are referring to the settings on the box then this cannot override MDP.

However, it does seem strange why this particular programme has been rated to trigger it.

You could try contacting viewer relations (viewerr@sky.uk) but it may be metadata from the channel itself and not Sky.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@himbo99 wrote:

I am looking at a complete lifting of all restrictions which I thought I had done. 

'a complete lifting of all restrictions' is not permitted by the Broadcasting Code: 'Mandatory Daytime Protection' has to be provisioned and enforced by the platform provider, otherwise several of the Cinema channels plus Sky Atlantic, Comedy and Documentaries could not broadcast their current lineup.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/mandatory-daytime-protection 

This does mean that errors such as you have observed do occur.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Toni81 This message was authored by: Toni81

Just had to put my PIN in too to watch the crystal maze. Maybe it's incase Richard O'Brien's loud leopard print attire causes any offence 😅

This message was authored by rob6265 This message was authored by: rob6265

It's ridiculous. I've watched the Crystal Maze since it began, now we have this nonsense. Pin number for 1 episode where the girl contestant said "I can't hear a bloody thing" Personally I find the adverts more offensive than any content in the Crystal Maze 😂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion