Discussion topic: No satellite signal - software issue

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

Re: No satellite signal - software issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MartinE84 wrote:

By any chance are you using a hybrid LNB on your dish?

If so, unplug the other boxes and leave only the Sky Q box plugged in and see if that resolves the issue. 

Could you provide a technical explanation of exactly why this action would achieve a resolution of this problem.

As there are several versions of hybrid LNB, for example, the original Sky Hybrid, Smart EL010, EL027 / EL028 and numerous commercial compatible hybrid LNBs, does this advice apply to all the different versions.

This message was authored by ThumbelinaPM This message was authored by: ThumbelinaPM

Re: No satellite signal - software issue

We have the same issue with our TV where the broadband signal drops out and we have to re-enter the password. It may last a day or 10 minutes.

We had Virgin Media out today and they said it is a known problem with Sky Q boxes and when I checked mine having seen your post, it is a Q21 model.

We have booked a Sky Engineer to come out so fingers crossed we can get a resolution.

On a wider note, we have issues with Sky, Virgin Media and our mobuile provider, O2 and I am sick of them all! Absolutely shocking lack of Customer Service!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion