Discussion topic: No Satellite Signal

This message was authored by Colin+Grant This message was authored by: Colin+Grant

No Satellite Signal

Yesterday morning we had scaffolding erectect as we are fitting solar. Sky TV was working fine during the erection of the scaffolding and all yesterday evening after the scaffolding had been erected. This evening however we are getting the dreaded "no satellite signal"; I have tried restarting the box to no avail. I am tempted to call an engineer but note that Sky says that scaffolding in the "line of sight" can adversely impact the signal. The question is do I wait for the scaffolding to be taken down, in about two weeks at best, or - on the basis that is was all ok last night - get an engineer out anyway?

Personally I would have thought that the odd scaffold pole would not completely kill the signal, although I can see that it might degrade it. But as I said the picture was 100% last night.

Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No Satellite Signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's a digital transmission so reception can appear 100% fine with a marginal signal until signal strength or quality reduces a fraction further. Then you might see pixelation or no satellite signal at all.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion