Discussion topic: No Discovery +

This message was authored by Jim+Jacques This message was authored by: Jim+Jacques

No Discovery +

I rejoined Sky August 2023 everything seemed to work OK except Discovery +. I had heard that TNT owned Discovery + and therefore  thought I was not entitled to it. January 2024 I was informed I was still entitled to it as part of my Sky package. I tried to access it but kept receiving the message "Upgrade to Watch" I contacted Sky 7th January and was basically fobbed off by 3 people who could not solve the problem. I was eventually passed to Priority Customer Service on the 14th and was told by the contact that he would personally deal with my case until it was sorted out. He was unable to sort and asked me to contact Discovery+ to provide account information. He then informed me he would not be back to work until 17th January and would contact me after 17.00 hrs - this did not happen and I still have had no contact. I have written and spoke to Sky on the 18th and was told as it was priority someone would contact me - NO THEY DID NOT!!!!!!!!! It is now the 20th and despite complaints be message I have had no contact. Absolutely disgraceful.

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: No Discovery +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jim+Jacques wrote:

I rejoined Sky August 2023 everything seemed to work OK except Discovery +. I had heard that TNT owned Discovery + and therefore  thought I was not entitled to it. January 2024 I was informed I was still entitled to it as part of my Sky package. I tried to access it but kept receiving the message "Upgrade to Watch" I contacted Sky 7th January and was basically fobbed off by 3 people who could not solve the problem. I was eventually passed to Priority Customer Service on the 14th and was told by the contact that he would personally deal with my case until it was sorted out. He was unable to sort and asked me to contact Discovery+ to provide account information. He then informed me he would not be back to work until 17th January and would contact me after 17.00 hrs - this did not happen and I still have had no contact. I have written and spoke to Sky on the 18th and was told as it was priority someone would contact me - NO THEY DID NOT!!!!!!!!! It is now the 20th and despite complaints be message I have had no contact. Absolutely disgraceful.

@Jim+Jacques so did you follow all the steps in the link below especially the part about marketplace 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Jim+Jacques
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jim+Jacques This message was authored by: Jim+Jacques

Have tried everything still no luck. The market place you kindly suggested I've tried but I do not get the blue sky screen  " Confirm your subscription - Discovery + £0 a month, at no extra cost whilst you have a sky subscription.  Sky Prioirty are having no luck either. Have contacted Discovery + who inform me that Sky cancelled my entitlement 31/05/2023 without telling me . It also appears they don't even know they've done it. Will contact Sky yet again.

Jim+Jacques
Topic Author

Yes all steps followed, still no Discovery + Someone from Priority Customer Service has contacted me and is looking into the Discovery + cancellation by Sky in May 2023 but cannot reply to me until Wednesday 24th January 2024.

Jim+Jacques
Topic Author

It is now the 1st March 2024 and I still do not have Discovery+. I have been lied to, ignored, given baseless excuses for Sky people who are fully aware that I cannot raise my complaint to a higher level due to the deceitful infrastructure in place within the Sky organisation. 

Jim+Jacques
Topic Author

It is now the 21st March 2024 and still no contact from Sky, who have basically lied to me. It is impossible to take the matter higher as they have a fortified structure to prevent their customers from reaching the omnipotent hierachy to solve the problems which they know they can ignore with no fear of reprisal. This has now gone on since the 7th January 2024 and I have no intention of giving up and I will find a way!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion