Discussion topic: NEW SKY Q BOX NOT WORKING

This message was authored by melw This message was authored by: melw

NEW SKY Q BOX NOT WORKING

I had sky q with a mini box installed Thursday. Just lost programmes on the main box (just Home screen showing but not the small screen view on the page. The mini box is working fine. If I switch of the main box the mini box will lose programmes, I guess.
I am worried that when I switch on the main box, the mini box may not work which would be a disaster for our handicapped son. His there a way to reset avoiding interruption to the minibox.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: NEW SKY Q BOX NOT WORKING

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@melw wrote:

I had sky q with a mini box installed Thursday. Just lost programmes on the main box (just Home screen showing but not the small screen view on the page. The mini box is working fine. If I switch of the main box the mini box will lose programmes, I guess.
I am worried that when I switch on the main box, the mini box may not work which would be a disaster for our handicapped son. His there a way to reset avoiding interruption to the minibox.

Hi @melw 

With the main Q box on 

Try completly resetting it's Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

melw
Topic Author
This message was authored by melw This message was authored by: melw

Re: NEW SKY Q BOX NOT WORKING

The remote is working OK ie letting me access and view all settings.  The box seems as though its not receiving TV signals but the mini box is behaving normally with all functions working so it must be sending WiFi to the minibus.

Thanks for answering.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion