Discussion topic: Multiscreen

This message was authored by Lynn1204 This message was authored by: Lynn1204

Multiscreen

Can someone confirm what Multiscreen is. I had 2 boxes last year but cancelled one. So now I have 1 box for 1 tv. Should I still be paying for Multiscreen? Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Multiscreen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lynn1204 wrote:

Can someone confirm what Multiscreen is. I had 2 boxes last year but cancelled one. So now I have 1 box for 1 tv. Should I still be paying for Multiscreen? Thanks 

Hi @Lynn1204 
Assuming you are talking about SKY Q ( I am not too sure regarding the Multiscreen subcription with SKY HD)

The multiscreen add on is the monthly subscription that is need to be able to watch on the mini boxes or on additional screens using SKY Go & allow SKY Go to access recordings on the main box

There was an older 'SKY Multiscreen pack' that also opened up UHD together with the SKY Entertainment base pack - this has now been superceded by the SKY UHD add on (with SKy Signature' base pack)

SKY mini boxes themselves do not have an ongoing cost (just an initial admin / set up fee) - so you don't actually cancel the box - you cancel the Multiscreen subscription & as the SKY Minis are loaned need to be sent back once the multiscreen subscription is cancelled. 

(BTW just sending a SKY mini box back would not cancel the Multiroom subscription)

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: Multiscreen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lynn1204 wrote:

Hi @Lynn1204   The simple answer is only you would known if you are using Sky Q on other screens. Other screens includes phones, tablets, computers, games consoles etc. Many people subscribe to Multiscreen who don't have Mini boxes. You also need to consider on whether you took Multiscreen for a minimum period with a discount. Cancelling it may be complicated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion