Discussion topic: Multiple sky Q mini box use

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Multiple sky Q mini box use

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CMnamars 
You can have a maximum of 4 mini boxes loaned to you by Sky. You can watch Sky content on two minis and the main box at the same time. You may be able to use a 3rd mini box at the same time if you’re using it for one of the apps such as Netflix.

Be aware the original 1TB (non-UHD) Sky Q box only allows one mini to be in use. To check if you have the non UHD 1TB box check in:-
Home - Settings - System Info - Hardware Version
If it shows as 32Cxxx then you have a non UHD 1TB that only supports 1 active mini box.

All 2TBs and the UHD/HDR 1TB permit two mini boxes. Each mini box which is loaned to you may be subject to a one off upfront charge but you only need one Sky Q monthly Multiscreen subscription.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by salixrw This message was authored by: salixrw

I did ring up and ask again but it turns out Sky telled me the wrong information and they said they dont have the technolgy yet for the main box to stream to more then 2 minis at the moment , hopefully a near future update ? or maybe a option to turn one of the other mini boxes off from a different mini when u want to use that other one , either way im happy cos i got another  amazing deal for the package i have so signed up for another 18 months , going on 12 years now with Sky so they must be doing somthing right 😀 .

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Stream can handle more than 2 but I don't think Q will ever manage it. The fact you can have 2 tablets or phones or PCs  on Sky Go in addition to the minis has always made me wonder why though.

I think the best thing to do is try to remember to always switch a mini into standby when you stop using it

(I like your idea of a remote power off though)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion