Discussion topic: Mini q box dropping out

This message was authored by Joansy This message was authored by: Joansy

Mini q box dropping out

Technically this isnt new as I know many have the same.

The mini q box drops out constantly, sometimes it comes back sometimes we have to totally re boot. Needless to say the internet is fine and even when you go into network settings it often says connected but at the same time it says no connection on the screen.

I saw people suggest changing the setting to none rather than eco etc. in preferences however we don't have a preferences option on our system!

the other thing that often pops up is a message in network setting saying can't connect to a Sky router and gives the details. We don't have a Sky router! That may be the problem but no idea how to stop it.. we have boosters in every room now! Still happens and everyone says it's not their system

bearing in mind what it costs any ideas or has anyone ever resolved this

has anyone ever managed to speak to a person at Sky.  A useful Sky contact number may be helpful?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Mini q box dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joansy wrote:

Technically this isnt new as I know many have the same.

The mini q box drops out constantly, sometimes it comes back sometimes we have to totally re boot. Needless to say the internet is fine and even when you go into network settings it often says connected but at the same time it says no connection on the screen.

I saw people suggest changing the setting to none rather than eco etc. in preferences however we don't have a preferences option on our system!

the other thing that often pops up is a message in network setting saying can't connect to a Sky router and gives the details. We don't have a Sky router! That may be the problem but no idea how to stop it.. we have boosters in every room now! Still happens and everyone says it's not their system

bearing in mind what it costs any ideas or has anyone ever resolved this

has anyone ever managed to speak to a person at Sky.  A useful Sky contact number may be helpful?

Hi @Joansy 

If your WiFi boosters are not Sky Q boosters then your minis will not connect to their WiFi.

Mini boxes if connected by WiFi will only connect to the Q WiFi mesh generated by Q devices or a Sky Router.

Joansy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Joansy This message was authored by: Joansy

Re: Mini q box dropping out

They are Sky boosters!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion