Discussion topic: Mini Q Box Range

This message was authored by LizzyDT This message was authored by: LizzyDT

Mini Q Box Range

Hi

I have a mulitscreen mini-Q box that we can't use as its range won't reach as far as needed.

It used to be used in 1 room but the TV broke and if we move it to the next bedroom - not only does the mini-Q not pickup a signal, it breaks the main Sky Q box functionality (we can no longer download recordings and the TV schedule often won't display).

I don't know if I'm tied into having a multiscreen box that can't be used due to a significant limitation - please help.

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Mini Q Box Range

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You'll need to call Sky as they can provide range extenders.

Moving the mini should not impact the operation of the main box.  I'd reboot the main box first without the mini and ensure it's working correctly.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@LizzyDTIs the new location much further or through more walls than the previous one was to the main box?  As already mentioned try rebooting your main box first and get that working as the mini should not cuase it to stop working.

LizzyDT
Topic Author
This message was authored by LizzyDT This message was authored by: LizzyDT

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried rebooting the main Q box and also ensure it was wired in vs on wifi but moving the mini-Q caused problems. It took us a few weeks to realise this as it seemed so unlikely at first!

I'll get in touch with Sky for help thanks.  It can take so long to get through to someone who can actually help, I was hoping someone else might have encountered this and I could get it sorted without a phone call 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion