Discussion topic: Main Sky Q box keeps freezing

This message was authored by louc81 This message was authored by: louc81

Re: Main Sky Q box keeps freezing

Did anyone solve thi issue ? 

This message was authored by JonB146 This message was authored by: JonB146

I'm getting close to making that decision too. Been with Sky for over 25 years but this problem is ridiculous. Have tried everything from these forums and no difference. Sky need to wake up on this.

This message was authored by matchboy This message was authored by: matchboy

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else. Engineer came out, gave me a new box. Happened again, so they sent me another new box. Still happening! Done everything everyone has suggested too. I've even made sure the box is the only thing in the tv cabinet, and all the wires are clear etc. Clearly a problem with the Sky Q boxes. Absolute joke from Sky. Been with them over 20 years and pay £100 a month 😡 

This message was authored by Track+worker This message was authored by: Track+worker

Totally frustrating 

Luckily I was nearly out of contract so I told sky to get lost and now with EE TV £99 whole lot. Broadband TV (full package) and two multiroom boxes

It maybe worth peeps asking to go on to sky stream.... 

But can you get all the UHD channels outside of Sky? Like movies, football, F1 etc. - that's why I end up staying with Sky.

This message was authored by Track+worker This message was authored by: Track+worker

Got all the main sky channels in HD but not in UHD 

Also now got TNT sports included 

This message was authored by mpea11 This message was authored by: mpea11

Having the same problem I think it's sky trying to get rid of the boxes and get people to get glass tv

This message was authored by JonB146 This message was authored by: JonB146

So, my Sky Q was ethernet connected to EE Router. Sky engineer said to try just wifi so unplugged it. Fine since. Curiously I tried hard wiring a mini box at the same time, it froze. Put it back on wifi, no problem. 

This message was authored by Jim06 This message was authored by: Jim06

Thanks for the tip as mine has just frozen for the 3rd time in 8 hour's and is only 30 hours old. I'm going to unplug the hard wire from the EE router.

I will keep it updated 

Like others, I unplugged the Ethernet cable and run my sky q box on WiFi - hasn't crashed once since. No idea why that worked but that's your fix till sky figure it out!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion