Discussion topic: Lost signal. Affecting mainly BBC1

This message was authored by Billybob38 This message was authored by: Billybob38

Lost signal. Affecting mainly BBC1

Hi, I've been having some on and off issues with my sky signal recently. Mostly when it's been atrocious weather but when the rain stops, it's fine.

but today (sunny, 24 degrees , no wind) BBC1 is either unwatchable or mostly "no satellite signal ". All other channels seem ok.

ive gown through the troubleshooting. No change. And logged a ticket for a visit. But the soonest visit is over 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any way to get this brought forward? 2 weeks to fix an issue that means I can't watch TV, during the euros, is very poor. Maybe I should cancel my £100 per month I pay until they fix it. That might do it.

or am I just better off forgetting alt and getting a local engineer out? 

thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Lost signal. Affecting mainly BBC1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Billybob38 wrote:

Hi, I've been having some on and off issues with my sky signal recently. Mostly when it's been atrocious weather but when the rain stops, it's fine.

but today (sunny, 24 degrees , no wind) BBC1 is either unwatchable or mostly "no satellite signal ". All other channels seem ok.

ive gown through the troubleshooting. No change. And logged a ticket for a visit. But the soonest visit is over 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any way to get this brought forward? 2 weeks to fix an issue that means I can't watch TV, during the euros, is very poor. Maybe I should cancel my £100 per month I pay until they fix it. That might do it.

or am I just better off forgetting alt and getting a local engineer out? 

thanks

Hi @Billybob38 

The last thing you want to do is cancel or withhold payment.

This could affect your credit rating.  And you will not be able to make any contact with Sky until payment is reinstated.

If there is an issue with your Q box then is best it's done by a Sky Engineer.

If it is a Satellite issue then have you watched content from BBC iPlayer.  As this is streamed and not by Satellite.

Billybob38
Topic Author
This message was authored by Billybob38 This message was authored by: Billybob38

It's unlikely the sky box. I've been flicking through all other channels and It seems to be affecting BBC1 NW and BBC1 Yorks only. All other BBC1 regions seem fine.

thebstyis checker isn't reporting any issues, so either it's my dish, and weirdly only affecting BBC1 NW and Yorkshire, or there's something going on with the sky signal in general for these BBC regions and they're just not reporting it.

its just frustrating. That I pay so much for TV, then when it goes wrong it takes 2 weeks to get an engineer. This does kind of stink of lack of investment.

freesat here I come..

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

I live in the North West and BBC One is working fine for me. It sounds like a dish alignment fault, it's very common for only a handful of channels to be affected.

In your case the frequency you are having problems with carries:

BBC One NW

BBC One NE

BBC One Yorkshire

BBC Two Northern Ireland

BBC Parliament

You should find these are the channels affected.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion