Discussion topic: Losing connection with Fritzbox.

This message was authored by skylaman56 This message was authored by: skylaman56

Losing connection with Fritzbox.

Hi all,  just moved to Zen internet with a Fritzbox router, the hub is in the lounge with Sky Q box less than 10 feet away, the wi fi signal is over 400 mps in speed value.I have reset the Q box over 10 times since the install, why is this happening.

All Replies

This message was authored by MCCUK This message was authored by: MCCUK

Re: Losing connection with Fritzbox.

Hi, we changed end November and keep having same problem.  

This message was authored by williame11 This message was authored by: williame11

I've had the same issue for 6 months now, separated the Fritz box mesh channels away from the skyq mesh helped a little but still have a weekly reload of the q network . Everything else using the Fritz box works fine, just skyq complains

skylaman56
Topic Author
This message was authored by skylaman56 This message was authored by: skylaman56

I have now gone down the router of buying a Fritzbox repeater 3000ax and used an Ethernet cable to the sky Q mini and another one from the main router to sky Q main box.

i did make sure the flat type Ethernet cables are capable of dealing with 1 gb signals and to get have not lost any signals or problems downloading shows.

these were hidden with D line mini trunking  on top of skirting board.

This message was authored by MayJasper This message was authored by: MayJasper

I was having the same problem. 

I downloaded the MyFritz! app on my phone.

I followed these steps in MyFritz! app (after connecting the FritzBox to the SkyQ box via the SkyQ remote).

Then in the MyFritz! app go to:

> Home network

> Sky Q

From the Sky Q menu select:

> Prioritize Internet Connection

The network connection has stayed connected for 48 hrs now. Previously the connection dropped after a few minutes 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion