Discussion topic: Issues with connectivity on q mini

This message was authored by Deedee64 This message was authored by: Deedee64

Issues with connectivity on q mini

My main Q box remote has partially stopped working ie some buttons don't work, and one of my mini boxes very often has connectivity issues (MR204)

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Issues with connectivity on q mini

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deedee64 wrote:

My main Q box remote has partially stopped working ie some buttons don't work, and one of my mini boxes very often has connectivity issues (MR204)

Hi @Deedee64 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back ont, then do the same with any Mini boxes?

If you are still having problems with your remote buttons then, with a slighly damp cloth wipe over all of the buttons including the SKY logo button at the top of the remote, to free up any sticking buttons?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Deedee64
Topic Author

Is this supposed to fix problem as it keeps happening. Its very annoying when your watching a programme (live or recorded) and you have to do this quite regularly. I'm finding Q absolutely useless.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deedee64 wrote:

Is this supposed to fix problem as it keeps happening. Its very annoying when your watching a programme (live or recorded) and you have to do this quite regularly. I'm finding Q absolutely useless.

Hi @Deedee64 

Regarding the mini connectivity try a Network reset on the mini.

Network Reset found in mini Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to WPS with main Q box.
You will be asked to press the WPS button on the main Q box (not the mini as the Network reset will start the mini WPS automatically).

If you are on Sky Broadband and the Router is nearer to the mini than the main box then you can try pressing WPS on the router instead of the main Q box. If you do this make sure you press the Sky router WPS button and not the router reset button.

Failing all of the above you may need a Sky Q WiFi Booster to position midway between your main Q box and the mini and you will need to contact Sky directly.

Deedee64
Topic Author

Sky sent guy to fix problem on Wednesday, gave me new box. Worked OK but tonight it's gone and lost all apps and when I tried to reset my remote stopped working the box.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion