Discussion topic: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

Several times a week, my Sky Q box looses the TV schedule (EPG) and comes up with a message of "Waiting for Schedule". Leaving it alone does nothing, it never populates the EPG. Rebooting the Sky Q resolves the issue for a while but it will lose it again in a few days. The box is set to ECO mode so it is not going into stand-by. 

Rebooting is not a solution to this issue, there is obviously something than needs sorting in the software. Can someone from Sky please offer a sollution (not rebooting ) or elevate this to a level so that a solution is planned in a software update.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Issue with "Waiting for Schedule" several time a week.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us Greytide17. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Greytide17
Topic Author
This message was authored by Greytide17 This message was authored by: Greytide17

Thanks for getting back to me. As this was an intermittent problem, I am waiting for a few days to see if it recurrs. I will let you know either way. Thanks for your help

This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

Same issue as described here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Waiting-for-TV-Schedule-not-loading/td-p/4154803

Been ongoing for months!

Greytide17
Topic Author

It looks as if Sky need to sort the software out. It was never a problem before and the only thing that has changed is the Software version of the Sky Q box. I will see if the fix they suggested, Resetting the Schedule, works.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Greytide17 wrote:

It looks as if Sky need to sort the software out. It was never a problem before and the only thing that has changed is the Software version of the Sky Q box. I will see if the fix they suggested, Resetting the Schedule, works.

@Greytide17 what software version are you on ?

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Greytide17
Topic Author

I'm on Q210.000.06.03L (5k4107V)

I have checked for updates.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Greytide17 wrote:

I'm on Q210.000.06.03L (5k4107V)

I have checked for updates.

@Greytide17 the software hasn't  changed this year at all  so Q210 was out before Christmas have you been having the problem that long or is it just recent if it's recent then nothing to do with the software i'm afraid 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by ProximusAl This message was authored by: ProximusAl

It's been happening way before christmas for me.

Think it all started around November....

Greytide17
Topic Author

It has been going on all year, I just didn't do anything about it other than rebooting the box reqularly.

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

I've had intermittent issues with this going on for over two years, it's got worse since last October which has also strangely coincided with the blank tiles/ non stacking issues other users here have been reporting. If I get past a couple of weeks without rebooting the box because of this then I'm doing well and it's looking very likely I'll be doing it again tonight as my Qbox has a 'waiting for tv schedule' message on the EPG from 6pm next Thursday (which means none of my series links for tonight will pick up for next week unless I reboot the damn box...again 🙄

This message was authored by Ray+Keenan This message was authored by: Ray+Keenan

I've had ONE day of the EPG repopulating correctly and the issue has reoccurred once more..  Going to have to reboot the box AGAIN later for the umpteenth time. I really wonder if this could be a metadata issue similar to the stacking/ blank tiles issues other users have been experiencing. Is anyone actually looking into this? 

Greytide17
Topic Author

Well, that didn't last long. Resetting the system lasted all of a week. Now back to "Waiting for Schedule" again. Reboot sorts it but there must be something that isn't triggering an update to the schedule.

It is good to see that I am not alone with this. Please can we get it sorted Sky!!

This issue is getting worse for me again.

Back in October when it started to become a problem then i'd be rebooting the box almost nightly, then i changed the box settings from 'none' to 'eco' and it seemed to sort it out and i went a few weeks without having to constantly reboot the box. 

Then it started to rear it's ugly head again and i was back to rebooting the box maybe every couple of weeks and now in the past seven days i have had to reboot the box FOUR times. A reboot sorts the issue out TEMPORARILY before it reoccurs.

Sometimes i have to reset the missing series links, sometimes they magically reappear. There doesn't seem to be any interest from anyone in the tech department to work on why this is happening. Is it because it's not happening to everyone? I was only mildly affected by the non-stacking/missing tiles issues a lot of customers have reported but i've been more affected by this blasted EPG not updating. I'm sure it's linked to the non-stacking/missing tiles issues as the box requires information/data/software to provide the EPG information and for WHATEVER reason, some boxes are not receiving that information which means the EPG doesn't update and therefore series links can't be picked up for the next week. It is a pain in the behind that i have to constantly unplug the box to get it to do what it's supposed to do knowing that in a few days time i'll have to do it again. 

I have all boxes (the main and two minis) set to 'eco'

Don't have the 220 software update yet

Box reboot resolves but only temporarily.

The hidden settings thing obviously is also temporary, i haven't tried that one because other users have reported it doesn't solve the issue. 

Can someone in the tech department / in charge of software/meta data PLEASE look into why this is constantly happening? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion