Discussion topic: How to watch sky on new LG TV

This message was authored by ChelseaJules This message was authored by: ChelseaJules

How to watch sky on new LG TV

I have a new LG tv but cannot seem to watch sky on it, the only app option is sky store, which I've downloaded but it doesn't enable me to watch live TV. Is there no way to do this? The whole point was to be able to watch live TV and football etc in another room

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: How to watch sky on new LG TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

There is no app like Sky Go that you can install to watch Sky this is because your TV will just shows the pictures from your Sky box as normal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

How was your old TV getting live Sky?

The Sky Store app is for playing stuff purchased from Nuy and Keep, it give assess to your Sky Library

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
ChelseaJules
Topic Author
This message was authored by ChelseaJules This message was authored by: ChelseaJules

It's an additional tv - the previous tv is plugged in to the sky Q box, I had though that I would be able to log in to my sky account on a smart tv but it seems not! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@ChelseaJules wrote:

the previous tv is plugged in to the sky Q box,

This LG TV will do the same.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

So you have one TV connected to your Sky Q box and you thought you could add an extra TV without paying for multiscreen and a Sky Q mini?

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
ChelseaJules
Topic Author

I already have multi screen and several mini boxes but none of my other TVs are smart- hence I assumed that I could sign into my smart tv, via the sky go app, connected via Wi-Fi 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@ChelseaJules wrote:

I already have multi screen and several mini boxes but none of my other TVs are smart- hence I assumed that I could sign into my smart tv, via the sky go app, connected via Wi-Fi 

Nope. Sky don't write apps like netflix, iplayer.

Sky glass is kind of like that but you have to have that specific TV and it's not the same as Q which is locked into satellite delivery.

This message was authored by Wootty90 This message was authored by: Wootty90

The only way is to use a console Xbox ps5 etc 

I agree though I'd love to stream sky on my lg oled 

This message was authored by Iceg This message was authored by: Iceg

I also have a similar issue with the Sky News app. We have a new LG tv, the app worked fine up until about three weeks ago. Now I get the error "there was a problem with this video [timeout]" when trying to open the app. Reinstalling the app hasn't made any difference.

This message was authored by ElsieN This message was authored by: ElsieN

I have just bought an LG TV as well and could not get it connected.  My sky q box is connected to the hdmi on the back of the TV.

You then go to Home Hub which appears on the home page of the LG TV and the hdmi option is there with your sky box.  Press that - and it WORKS!

This message was authored by philby123 This message was authored by: philby123

I have same issue on a brand new LG TV model lg oled55b36la. The live TV option does not work, all other options in the app work. Reinstalled made no difference.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@philby123 wrote:

I have same issue on a brand new LG TV model lg oled55b36la. The live TV option does not work, all other options in the app work. Reinstalled made no difference.

Hi @philby123 Live TV is the first option in your source list if you haven't tuned in any channels or got an outdoor aerial connected too your tv then Live TV won't display anything

How is your Sky Q box connected to your TV is it HDMI 1 then you need to press the source button on either the LG remote to select HDMI 1

The easiest way of setting up your Sky Q box on your LG TV is by using Device Connector if you have the LG magic remote press the voice button and say Device Connector 

Or press the home button and select device connector by scrolling through the tiles at the bottom of the screen.

Then follow the on screen instructions for the device you want to connect your tv too.

This message was authored by philby123 This message was authored by: philby123

Ah the aerial! I thought live TV was a digital stream! I don't have an aerial connected to my LG TV. It's connected to my BT Box! I always thought that Sky News off the BT Box was a digital service ?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

It is but digital services can be decoded, converted and output over analog RF cables by a set top box on a specific frequency (an aerial captures many frequencies on the same type of cable and then the TV has to tune them rather than the BT box in your example doing the digital streaming or tuning and outputting a single frequency) - as far as the TV knows, it's got an analog signal coming in of just one frequency so you would still have to have tuned it to that in the first place, it just won't "see" any of the others that the BT box knows about.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion