Discussion topic: Freevee

This message was authored by paulm12 This message was authored by: paulm12

Freevee

Hi all, I see Amazon have introduced a new service Freevee as an App. is there a consideration for Sky to install this App?

Best Answers
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

Re: Freevee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@paulm12 wrote:

Hi all, I see Amazon have introduced a new service Freevee as an App. is there a consideration for Sky to install this App?

Hi @paulm12 Amazon Prime Video is an app on the Sky Q box and Freevee is there 

Prime Video home screen scroll down to free with ads that is the Freevee app on Sky Q via Prime no consideration needed as you can access it already.

20230911_224139.jpg

Freevee via Amazon Prime Video via Sky Q box

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best Answer

@paulm12 wrote:

Hi @paulm12 Amazon Prime Video is an app on the Sky Q box and Freevee is there 

Prime Video home screen scroll down to free with ads that is the Freevee app on Sky Q via Prime no consideration needed as you can access it already.

20230911_224139.jpg

Freevee via Amazon Prime Video via Sky Q box

paulm12
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply and the information, it's nice to know that there are people out there prepared to share the information that they have, I appreciate your help.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Freevee works fine on Sky Q.
You do though still need to sign in with a current Amazon account to view any of the free with ads content.
There is quite a lot of good TV series and Movies on there and the ads are not that intrusive.
Do like the way the ads in bottom left have a countdown to finishing 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
paulm12
Topic Author

Hi, Thanks for the additional info.

This message was authored by My+Phone+NUMBER This message was authored by: My+Phone+NUMBER

Can I get free vee on sky glass

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@My+Phone+NUMBER wrote:

Can I get free vee on sky glass

Yes, via the Prime Video app. 

As others have noted above, you need to have an Amazon login to allow you to access the Prime Video app in the first place, then scroll down the menu page to the FreeVee section. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion