Discussion topic: Failed location check

This message was authored by Fester2066 This message was authored by: Fester2066

Failed location check

I have sky Q for years & with starlink broadband for a year. . It's hardwired. I have a deco mesh system &  the Q is  hardwired to the nearest node  I used to occasionally get a failed location rejection which was annoying but livable

the past weekend every single download I have had a failed location error.. after contacting Sky they blamed Starlink. Starlink do not offer changes in IP addresses end of. I have a Sky Q box which I can only record and watch live tv on. I really don't know what else to do.  I have rebooted both the sky & broadband on several occasions I even dug out an old sky booster to see if it would work with that which didn't work either.

Any help most welcome. I am not tech savvy but I'm not clueless either. 

All Replies

This message was authored by ANGS This message was authored by: ANGS

Re: Failed location check

I also have Starlink (and have had it since it was first available) and have just started to get this problem with my SKY Q!

SKY better sort this pronto otherwise I will be cancelling my contract!

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

Re: Failed location check

I think my first port of call would be Starlink - have they changed anything recently? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion