Discussion topic: Distorted picture

This message was authored by Del60 This message was authored by: Del60

Distorted picture

On the Disney  Channel the pictures keeps distorting but it doesn't happen on any Sky channels, need help please

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lal1121 This message was authored by: Lal1121 Answer

Re: Distorted picture

I've been having the same issue. Your not alone. Sound quality is fine but the picture from time to time keeps going blurry then sorts it self out. Disney + fine in phone so must be sky box related. 

I've forced an update although apparently to the same software version. Will see how it goes 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You may well have to call Sky to have your dish alignment checked.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Del60 wrote:

On the Disney  Channel the pictures keeps distorting but it doesn't happen on any Sky channels, need help please

@Del60 do you mean the Disney+ app ?

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Elle29 This message was authored by: Elle29

I'm having the same trouble, probably for about a week.  It appears just to be on Disney through the sky box.  All other channels appear to be fine.

Ive watched paramount and Netflix but they seem fine as well.

This message was authored by CTB1 This message was authored by: CTB1

I have got the same problem viewing Netflix/Disney/Paramount apps through SkyQ. The last month has seen significant picture distortion when viewing apps on main SkyQ or mini boxes. No problems occuring on Sky/Main TV channels and only happens when viewing the apps. 

Any help would be appreciated.

This message was authored by Stantheman418 This message was authored by: Stantheman418

I've also been experiencing pixelation and picture break up on the Disney + app through Sky Q. for the past few days.  Viewing the same app through my Firestick the picture is perfect. The same is the case for the Amazon Prime app via Sky Q-with no issues at all viewing the same app on my Firestick. These issues appear to have coincided with the latest Sky Q firmware update as there were no such issues prior to this. The YouTube app issues detailed in a separate thread have also got much worse since the last update. Rebooting the Sky router and Sky Q box has no effect. Not to mention the Netflix spinning red circle issues which I and many others are experiencing. I haven't really used any of the other apps so can't comment on whether the issues present there too. 

Thanks Stantheman. In a way it's good to hear it's not something to do with my system....although still a pain. Hopefully they release a software fix soon 👍🏻

This message was authored by Springhill00 This message was authored by: Springhill00

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone contacted Sky to see if they have a bug fix pending, or do they monitor the forum? 

This message was authored by Nats8 This message was authored by: Nats8

I have experienced the same issue on all movie apps but not if I'm just watching normal tv

Tried all the troubleshooting and still happened, got a new sky box and still happened.

This step however seems to have worked

Press home 

Settings

Set Up

Audio Visual

Judder reduction for tv apps - TURN this ON

Hope it helps

This message was authored by Mind_your_own This message was authored by: Mind_your_own

Already turned on bud and still getting the issue

Thank you @Nats8 but it still hasn't cleared the problem for me either 

This message was authored by FredMel This message was authored by: FredMel

This does appear to be a problem with the Sky Q box, possibly following the update. If, instead of using the Sky Disney App, I use the buit in app on my TV  (Samsung 55 S95C), bypassing the box, there is no pixellation or distortion.

This message was authored by Tina1961 This message was authored by: Tina1961

Yep, same for us on Disney+ through SkyQ.

Getting wierd pixelation but for some reason, it doesnt happen all the time.

Saturday night we used it and it was fine and yet last night and a couple of nights last week, it was near enough unwatchable.

This message was authored by Brummie1983 This message was authored by: Brummie1983

Yep, exactly the same here. Nothing wrong on any of the other apps on the box. 

This message was authored by Moradeib This message was authored by: Moradeib

Go to the settings, system info, software version, even if it says you have the correct one still go to setup and click software download, once it has completed restart the Sky Q box.

I did this and it seems to have sorted the pixelating on the Disney plus app. Hope this helps you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion