Discussion topic: Disney + error 1027 mini box

This message was authored by Essexbookkeeping This message was authored by: Essexbookkeeping

Disney + error 1027 mini box

Hi,

I have issues with one of my Mini boxes. I try to select the Disney + app and get an error code 1027.

I have rebooted and refreshed the apps but it still doesn't work. The Netflix works and so does Prime on the box and Disney plus is working on my Sky Q and my other mini. 
Any suggestions?

Best Answers
Essexbookkeeping
Topic Author
This message was authored by Essexbookkeeping This message was authored by: Essexbookkeeping Answer

Re: Disney + error 1027 mini box

I've got a fix!!! Just been in live chat to Disney who have helped me fix it. I done a factory reset then I went to Setting, system info and on to software version. Select reset and you can check for software updates. I did a software update. To complete you need to turn the box on standby then restart. It does another reset to finish the installation then it was all systems go. Went to log in to Disney and it worked. Let me know how you guys get on.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by WendyWoo31 This message was authored by: WendyWoo31

I'm having the exact same problem 🤷🏼‍♀️

This message was authored by Richard+upton This message was authored by: Richard+upton

Same issue here🤦🏻‍♂️ Works on my mobile and all I wanna do is watch the new Walking Dead🤯

This message was authored by WendyWoo31 This message was authored by: WendyWoo31

Oh it was worth it 😁

This message was authored by ALT27 This message was authored by: ALT27

I have exactly the same issue. Spent an hour on live chat with Disney+ and all they did was send me this thread?!

anyone fixed it?

This message was authored by ParkerPen This message was authored by: ParkerPen

Have the same problem. Can't do anything.

Essexbookkeeping
Topic Author
This message was authored by Essexbookkeeping This message was authored by: Essexbookkeeping Answer

I've got a fix!!! Just been in live chat to Disney who have helped me fix it. I done a factory reset then I went to Setting, system info and on to software version. Select reset and you can check for software updates. I did a software update. To complete you need to turn the box on standby then restart. It does another reset to finish the installation then it was all systems go. Went to log in to Disney and it worked. Let me know how you guys get on.

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Essexbookkeeping

Glad you got it sorted.

I'd advise a software update is tried without a factory reset of the box first, which feels incredibly drastic. 

If anyone wants to do a reset first, try a Settings Reset. Go down to Settings but don't press Select. Instead type 0 0 1 Select to open the hidden menu. From there you can Reset Settings (you won't lose any recordings or preferences) which takes about 20 minutes.

Then try to reinstall the software. 

This message was authored by Richard+upton This message was authored by: Richard+upton

Last night I spent over 1 hour on the phone to Disney+ With no joy and their last bit of advice at 2345 hours was to unplug the main box for the night.

Surprise surprise the issue was still there🤦🏻‍♂️
looking at this stream I tried to just refresh the apps as suggested but no joy. 
in the end did a factory reset and then an app refresh (as barely any apps on display) and Disney+ was there and finally it allowed me to log in!!

Finally I'll be able to watch The Walking Dead.

Essexbookkeeping
Topic Author
This message was authored by Essexbookkeeping This message was authored by: Essexbookkeeping

That's great news. So happy you finally got it working toi. Looks like Joshua who I spoke to at Disney+ is the only productive person to talk to to get this fixed. Happy watching 👍🏻

This message was authored by Kate+Elizabeth This message was authored by: Kate+Elizabeth

Hi,

these solutions have not worked for me on the Sky Q box - anyone else got any other suggestions? 😭 

Essexbookkeeping
Topic Author

Have you completed the software update as well as the factory reset? Resetting the Apps didn't work for me but doing the first two I mentioned fixed the 1027 days issue.

This message was authored by Derby+fan This message was authored by: Derby+fan

Mine still isn't working 😕 

This message was authored by ParkerPen This message was authored by: ParkerPen

Worked for mw

This message was authored by Teddybear2010 This message was authored by: Teddybear2010

Followed the above.  Tried it twice and still can't watch Disney plus using our second box 😭

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion