Discussion topic: Discovery Plus Stopped Working

This message was authored by Frustrated This message was authored by: Frustrated

Re: Discovery Plus Stopped Working

No, got rid of sky in the end and use the discovery plus app instead. No one could/would help and I just gave up. Ended the contract with sky not even trying to keep my custom. Their loss. Won't be coming back to use them again in the future! 

This message was authored by MP2006 This message was authored by: MP2006

EXACTLY the same issue here. Thanks. I feel less alone now 🙂

This message was authored by Burnsy1968 This message was authored by: Burnsy1968

Hi, it works on my sky q but with the same login details and discovery plus app on my iPad it does not work. It wants me to sign for a pass. Numerous phone calls with sky but still not working....

This message was authored by OwenLloyd This message was authored by: OwenLloyd

I'm having very same problem now. I've signed up for free on stream but now Disc plus say my account doesn't exist so I can't even reset my password. Disc plus blame sky and sky blame disc plus!!!! 

This message was authored by OwlzUK This message was authored by: OwlzUK

I am having the same issue and am thinking I will do the same. The customer service use to be so good and quick but in the last 4 months apart from one time out of the 5 contacts waiting time on chats and phone was long enough I gave up. Only 1 issue solved in 2 mins once they finally picked up. Would have been simple for them to solve as well the other 4 times, but nothing I could do myself. Contract runs out in June then I am leaving. Honestly use to love Sky's Customer service. Only help on this thread so far is a user who has signed up as an expert that subscribed outside Sky. We are meant to get it Free and even they seem to have gave up. The help center is so outdated. Please someone fix this and your Customer Experience. Feel free to look at my account if in doubt. 

This message was authored by Daywalker316 This message was authored by: Daywalker316

Contact discoveryplus on the phone  have the same problem they say ur sky account isn't active and they are extremely rude I

This message was authored by Frustrated This message was authored by: Frustrated

I got out whilst in contract as they couldn't provide the service expected. If not, I'd have been stuck with them for another 9 months! Ring them and sack them off now. Tell them they are breaking their contract so you need to leave. 

This message was authored by MarkJ22 This message was authored by: MarkJ22

@Daywalker316 wrote:

Contact discoveryplus on the phone  have the same problem they say ur sky account isn't active and they are extremely rude I

They keep sending me the same email to try and resolve the issue that I cannot use Discovery+ at all and then tell me that they cannot see the email I use associated with the Discovery site.

Then in the next email they say they can see the email but its not linked to Sky?

They are absolutely useless!!

This message was authored by william.hull This message was authored by: william.hull

I'm having exactly same problem. Spent over an hour with sky tech yesterday who still can't solve it. I've reset the whole thing and entered the code again but still doesn't work  ie keeps saying upgrade after pressing watch now !!!!!   And doesn't appear on my sky either.  Doing my head in now so I've give up 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

The same. Ive copied the email I just sent below - its the 5th time Ive replied and basically they keep saying the same thing - or tell me they cannot see my email associated with Discovery. Its absolutely pathetic!!

Hi there

I have tried all of this before however I tried again because I thought that maybe you had made some changes at your end to link my Sky account to Discovery+  - but no – IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

I have started reading and posting in the Sky Community forum about this issue and it seems it’s not just me that has this problem.  Why is it so difficult to resolve. Do you want to have my Sky log in and password too so that you can link the two together at Discovery+ HQ? This issue is dragging on and on and you guys don’t seem to have an answer.

So let me take you through what I did:

1. Go to: sky.com/discoveryplus-activate
  2. Sign in to your Sky account (if not already logged in) using your Sky credentials.
  3. Create a discovery+ account on the discovery+ site, or if you already have an account choose 'Sign In'

Did all of this – (I have already done this and shown you the screen shot) and I attached the screen shot with what happens when I do it. It says I already have linked my Sky and Discovery accounts!!!

Then I do this:

Sign in Process on your Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q using the steps below :

1. Open the discovery+ app and then choose 'Sign In.'
  2. Stay on the screen with the 6-digit code while you get your phone or computer.

Now, on your phone or computer:

Do one of the following:

- Scan the QR code using your phone's camera.

- Go to: discoveryplus.com/link

1. Sign in to your discovery+ account.
  2. Enter the 6-digit code from your Sky device and choose 'Activate.'

You can now enjoy discovery+ through your Sky device!

I do all that you say here and it does not work

Pictures – Going to App – Activation screen – home screen – click to Watch now – doesn’t work – showing you my email account is logged in (as you have previously told me you couldn’t find my email associated with Discover+ - hers the proof!!)

You can now enjoy discovery+ through your Sky device! – Hahahahaha!! This is ironically funny! If ONLY I could.

So what is it going to take to resolve this? Nothing you suggest or ask me to do works. Can you tell me exactly what you are going to do at your end to get this working?

Thanks

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarkJ22 wrote:

The same. Ive copied the email I just sent below - its the 5th time Ive replied and basically they keep saying the same thing - or tell me they cannot see my email associated with Discovery. Its absolutely pathetic!!

Hi there

I have tried all of this before however I tried again because I thought that maybe you had made some changes at your end to link my Sky account to Discovery+  - but no – IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!

I have started reading and posting in the Sky Community forum about this issue and it seems it’s not just me that has this problem.  Why is it so difficult to resolve. Do you want to have my Sky log in and password too so that you can link the two together at Discovery+ HQ? This issue is dragging on and on and you guys don’t seem to have an answer.

So let me take you through what I did:

1. Go to: sky.com/discoveryplus-activate
  2. Sign in to your Sky account (if not already logged in) using your Sky credentials.
  3. Create a discovery+ account on the discovery+ site, or if you already have an account choose 'Sign In'

Did all of this – (I have already done this and shown you the screen shot) and I attached the screen shot with what happens when I do it. It says I already have linked my Sky and Discovery accounts!!!

Then I do this:

Sign in Process on your Sky Glass, Sky Stream or Sky Q using the steps below :

1. Open the discovery+ app and then choose 'Sign In.'
  2. Stay on the screen with the 6-digit code while you get your phone or computer.

Now, on your phone or computer:

Do one of the following:

- Scan the QR code using your phone's camera.

- Go to: discoveryplus.com/link

1. Sign in to your discovery+ account.
  2. Enter the 6-digit code from your Sky device and choose 'Activate.'

You can now enjoy discovery+ through your Sky device!

I do all that you say here and it does not work

Pictures – Going to App – Activation screen – home screen – click to Watch now – doesn’t work – showing you my email account is logged in (as you have previously told me you couldn’t find my email associated with Discover+ - hers the proof!!)

You can now enjoy discovery+ through your Sky device! – Hahahahaha!! This is ironically funny! If ONLY I could.

So what is it going to take to resolve this? Nothing you suggest or ask me to do works. Can you tell me exactly what you are going to do at your end to get this working?

Thanks

@MarkJ22 looking at what you have done it doesn't appear that you have gone into marketplace and set it up on there igf you have then I apologise but see the link below but scroll done to the part in blue that says "See how to get Discovery + on Sky Marketplace"

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Hi there

Thanks for the help. Sadly Im already subscribed in Sky Marketplace and have been for ages. Discovery used to work just fine but sometime in the past year it failed. Maybe it was when BT Sport became TNT and the sports options were added??

So I can see that my Sky account is linked with my Discovery account using My Sky on the phone or lap top. And I can see the subscription is confirmed in Sky  Marketplace.

Ive been on this for about 3 months now and the Discovery Customer service seems no nearer to resolving the issue. This was probably the 5th email from them with "what to do" but nothing works. In previous emails they have said they coudl not see my email linked to the account so I send a screen shot of the sign out page where it patently is linked!!

Its very frustrating and they dont seem to have an answer

This message was authored by hellboy99 This message was authored by: hellboy99

I go to link my account via the link web address but no link page comes up allowing me to input the 6 digit code. I've tried both Edge and Chrome browsers on PC and mobile.

I've been emailing back and forth with Discovery for over 6 months now. I've given them every piece of information about my Sky Account but still they are unable to link it.

However, they know my account works because they've given me 3 lots of 2 week complimentary Discovery service because they can't get mine to work.

I've been waiting for a reply to the last lot of info I sent and have heard nothing so emailed them again today.

I don't hold out much hope

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion