Discussion topic: Cost to upgrade

This message was authored by Jeremyduplessis This message was authored by: Jeremyduplessis

Cost to upgrade

I have Sky HD box which routes the signal to 4 TVs.  I amd now considering upgrading to Sky Q and want the exact same subscription and same 4 TVs.  What is the cost?  Sky seems to hide the true costs and when you call them it gets so complicated with the jargon as they try to sell you extra things. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Cost to upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The best thing to do is to call Sky to see what they will offer you as really none of us here and going to be able to give you a figure.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Jeremyduplessis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jeremyduplessis This message was authored by: Jeremyduplessis

Yes it seems to be a big secret.  I've called before and gave up because they can't answer a simple question.  How much is it to have the same 4 TVs with Sky Q.  They want to add this and that.  So i'll stick with Sky HD 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Jeremyduplessis wrote:

Yes it seems to be a big secret.  I've called before and gave up because they can't answer a simple question.  How much is it to have the same 4 TVs with Sky Q.  They want to add this and that.  So i'll stick with Sky HD 

@Jeremyduplessis you will need to take the multiscreen subscription which is currently £15 per month unless you can get a discount on it this allows for you to have the main box and upto 4 mini boxes connected at the same time but you can only watch on the main box and 2 mini boxes at the same times unless you have the older 1TB non UHD box which only allows you to watch on 1 mini box

Sky will loan you mini boxes but they do charge anything from £50 to £99 for an admin fee for each mini box 

Unless you you are already on the Sky signature subscription sky will change you onto this subscription which some people find it slightly cheaper than the older subscriptions 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

If you are currently using 'magic eye' (RF) distribution to other TV's then this isn't something that Q supports.

To distribute to other TV's then you'd need to look at 3rd party HDMI solutions - which Sky won't be able to assist you with.  (And isn't easy)

As noted above, Sky only offer multiroom (Q mini) which have their own limitations and require a monthly subscription.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Jeremyduplessis 

You may, also, wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion