Discussion topic: Constant connectivity Issues

This message was authored by Fitz69 This message was authored by: Fitz69

Constant connectivity Issues

I have recently moved to Sky Q from Virgin TV and have 2 x mini boxes, I have kept my broadband with VIrgin as need the higher speeds they provide. But ever since I've moved to Sky TV I'm having constant issues where all the boxes disconnect, show connectivity issues where you have to pull out the power cable, wait, plug it back in and then it's fine again.

More annoying especially when watching netflix, prime and youtube, you can be watching any of these apps through Sky Q then after 30 minutes you get the connectivity issue again. But to my surpise when you switch on a tablet, smartphone or use the apps on the TV all these apps work no problem so I know it's defo not a connectivity issue.

If it was a connectivity issue then the apps wouldn't work on any device, I know this as I have placed a tablet, smartphone and my macbook next to the tv and played the same app at the same time, when the Sky Q displays the connectivity issue and crashes the other devices continue to play with no problem at all.

Be interesting to hear how to fix this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Jdenson97 This message was authored by: Jdenson97

Re: Constant connectivity Issues

Having similar issues. Don't think the Virgin Wi-Fi is that compatible with the sky Qs despite what Sky say. Wary to go onto the stream but apparently they work better with the Virgin  Wi-Fi hub 

Fitz69
Topic Author
This message was authored by Fitz69 This message was authored by: Fitz69

Re: Constant connectivity Issues

I've looked at Stream but you cant, pause, rewind or record via Stream can you? It's so annoying like Sky is secretly making the connection rubbish to force you to join their broadband which would be fine if they offered the same speeds as Virgin but they don't in my area and no where near at all.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion