Discussion topic: Sky Deutschland

This message was authored by Monkey0310 This message was authored by: Monkey0310

Sky Deutschland

I recently started a new account and the Sky option on the TV when I switch on is shown as Sky Deutschland. Everything is English so not an issue in that respect but just wondered why it shows as that.

All Replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: Sky Deutschland

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Monkey0310   Perhaps an image of the screen would show us more?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Monkey0310  Sounds like the TV itself is incorrectly identifying Sky Q as Sky Deutschland

There should be an option within your TV's menu to rename the HDMI input, you'll need to read your TV 's user manual to locate this option.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Monkey0310
Topic Author
This message was authored by Monkey0310 This message was authored by: Monkey0310

20230717_151647.jpg20230717_151441.jpg

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Monkey0310  As advised you can edit the HDMI name within your TV menu.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Hi @Monkey0310 

On the Q box 
Try a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.   It may refresh the info.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Monkey0310 

I queried that last year and was told that it was to do with the country of manufacture. It then changed to sky uk before reverting back to sky Deutschland.  

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Monkey0310 

@GD1 

Managed to edit my Sky Deutschland hdmi settings on my lg uhd tv to Sky UK LTD  so should be smething similar to edit yours via the tv remote 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@Monkey0310 

Go to your home button on your lg tv whilst on the sky hdmi and toggle down and click home dash board

Top right you should see a cog  then click that and it should allow you to edit that hdmi name

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion