Discussion topic: Connectivity after Q and Mini on Standby

This message was authored by keithrev This message was authored by: keithrev

Connectivity after Q and Mini on Standby

Hi, I am hopefully getting somewhere with connectivity of my new Sky Q and Mini Box to my Sky Router and Booster. This morning they were both in 'standby' as the lights were orange not green. When I activated the Sky Q box it connected. I then went to the Mini, it showed network connectivity to the Q and internet but had a message it couldnt play TV due to connectivity issue. I powered off and on and it was fine.

The engineers I have had all turn standby from Eco to Active on both Q and Mini Boxes.

Are there any other settings or advice as I seem to get Mini box connectivity issues when it and the Q box go into standby?

All Replies

This message was authored by Ecosse This message was authored by: Ecosse

Re: Connectivity after Q and Mini on Standby

To change your standby settings:

Press Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings > Setup > Preferences > Standby mode, and select the setting you want.

I personally have all my boxes set to NONE following similar issues when I initially activated the minis. 

Good luck.

====================================================
Samsung UE49MU7070XX - Samsung MS550 Soundbar+ with 9000S Rears
Sky Q 2Tb + 3 Minis - BT Full Fibre 900
keithrev
Topic Author
This message was authored by keithrev This message was authored by: keithrev

Re: Connectivity after Q and Mini on Standby

Hi @Ecosse  thanks, very interesting, I didnt see that setting but will give it a go. All the engineers set it to Active but a guy in support on the phone wanted me to set to ECO.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion