Discussion topic: Connecting skyQ box to tv

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Connecting skyQ box to tv

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJM8 wrote:

Hi thanks Ive paired the remote but I still have no signal on both hdmi ports and the sky q box is on. 

@MJM8 

Do you mean just reset - to pair it you would need to be able to see the SKY Q menus unless I am missing something

MJM8
Topic Author
This message was authored by MJM8 This message was authored by: MJM8

Hi yes I meant reset, I'm just trying everything. However my sky remote has just given up, I 've tried new batteries but it's kaput so I'll have to wait now until they send me anothee one. Thanks for your help and giving your time. 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MJM8 wrote:

Hi yes I meant reset, I'm just trying everything. However my sky remote has just given up, I 've tried new batteries but it's kaput so I'll have to wait now until they send me anothee one. Thanks for your help and giving your time. 

OK 

Can I suggest trying the following:

Firtsly unplug the HDMI lead from both your TV & SKY Q box and then plug back in making sure the connections are OK

Then power off at the mains both the TV & SKY Q box and then switch back on 

if you still don;t get any signal on the HDMI port the SKY box is connected to please try pressing the HOme 1 0 8 0 Home again making sure that remote is pointing at the SKY Q box & try  selecting the HDMI on your TVs own remote again 

I know this may seem overkill but it might just be worth trying 

MJM8
Topic Author
This message was authored by MJM8 This message was authored by: MJM8

Hi, I did try turning both off but not exactly as you advised so I will try that when I am sent a new sky q box remote. Thank you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion