Discussion topic: Channel 5

This message was authored by traceyswife This message was authored by: traceyswife

Channel 5

Channel 5 and other channel 5 associated channels just stopped working yesterday on sky q. Why is that because nothing has changed i.e. equipment, dish alignment?

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Channel 5

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@traceyswife wrote:

Channel 5 and other channel 5 associated channels just stopped working yesterday on sky q. Why is that because nothing has changed i.e. equipment, dish alignment?

@traceyswife Have you tried rebooting your main Q box ie
putting your box into Standby then switching it off at the wall for 30 seconds
switch it back on then follow the on screen instructions

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@traceyswife wrote:

Working fine for me.  Did a reboot sort it for you?

I am just another Sky customer!
traceyswife
Topic Author
This message was authored by traceyswife This message was authored by: traceyswife

@traceyswife wrote:

• Have rebooted several times without success. On further investigation there are many channels that display tge following message 'this channel is currently affected by a problem with your satellite signal'. The 'help' suggestions on themessage page haven't helped either. Have turned box off at mains and still same message comes up. Have there been any updates that could have caused this to happen? Waiting for sky support to give advice too.
This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@traceyswife wrote:

@traceyswife wrote:

• Have rebooted several times without success. On further investigation there are many channels that display tge following message 'this channel is currently affected by a problem with your satellite signal'. The 'help' suggestions on themessage page haven't helped either. Have turned box off at mains and still same message comes up. Have there been any updates that could have caused this to happen? Waiting for sky support to give advice too.

This sounds more like your dish has been knocked out of alignment, possibly by the recent storms.  If this is your dish, you'll need to contact Sky & request an engineer (or you could contact a local independent which might be quicker but cost). If this is a shared dish, you'll need to contact your building management. 

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by Natalie08 This message was authored by: Natalie08

I have also lost my 5 channel s since yesterday?

I have a sky q tv. These do not have a dish so it has nothing to do with dish alignment

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Natalie08 wrote:
I have a sky q tv. These do not have a dish so it has nothing to do with dish alignment

@Natalie08 

Sky Q boxes are reliant on a satellite dish to work, either your own dish on a communal dish. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Natalie08 This message was authored by: Natalie08

Sorry meant sky glass however it has resolved itself this morning.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion