Discussion topic: Changing from sky+ to skyq

This message was authored by HarryWorth This message was authored by: HarryWorth

Changing from sky+ to skyq

We are having to change from  sky+ to skyq. A few years after installing sky ( with dish) they sent us a little box that connected our box to broadband ( BT ) so that we could download missed programmes. Is this now intergrated in the skyq box or do we still need an extra little box ?

All Replies

This message was authored by MB2010 This message was authored by: MB2010

Re: Changing from sky+ to skyq

I presume you are talking about the device that allowed older Sky+ box to connect to WiFi.

I ahve this on one Sky+ box but my other newer Sky+ has an integrated WiFi reciever and so a seperate device is not needed.

I understand it is the same with SkyQ

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HarryWorth wrote:

We are having to change from  sky+ to skyq. A few years after installing sky ( with dish) they sent us a little box that connected our box to broadband ( BT ) so that we could download missed programmes. Is this now intergrated in the skyq box or do we still need an extra little box ?

hi @HarryWorth 

Wifi is integrated into SKY Q boxes

BTW You may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

HarryWorth
Topic Author
This message was authored by HarryWorth This message was authored by: HarryWorth

Many thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion