Discussion topic: Catch up not working

This message was authored by Sande This message was authored by: Sande

Catch up not working

Hi I'm trying to watch a programme on catch up and it's telling me a need to upgrade to HD I've had this problem before I used to just change format to standard and it sorted the problem but it's not letting me do it this way no more?? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Catch up not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sande wrote:

Hi I'm trying to watch a programme on catch up and it's telling me a need to upgrade to HD I've had this problem before I used to just change format to standard and it sorted the problem but it's not letting me do it this way no more?? 

Hi @Sande 

Its best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.

This needs to be done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sande wrote:

Hi @Sande 

Its best to change your Download preference to SD in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.

This needs to be done on the main Q box.
Then if you want to download any HD content from free to air channels (BBCHD ,ITVHD etc) you can select HD in the All formats tab of the content . This will change the format for that particular download only but still leave your format to SD in preferences.

Sande
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sande This message was authored by: Sande

Ahh brilliant thank you 👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion