Discussion topic: Can't order Sky Q Mini Box

This message was authored by Totalgubbins This message was authored by: Totalgubbins

Can't order Sky Q Mini Box

Have gone to order an additional mini box however upon check out get an error 'sorry something seems to have gone wrong' style message. Anyone else had this issue? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Can't order Sky Q Mini Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Totalgubbins wrote:

Have gone to order an additional mini box however upon check out get an error 'sorry something seems to have gone wrong' style message. Anyone else had this issue? 

@Totalgubbins a few people have repoted this problem the advice is to call Sky not ideal but 

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by WindyBuffs This message was authored by: WindyBuffs

I tried to order a Sky Q mini box last Sunday and Monday, and I kep getting the error message "Sorry, we hit a problem. Please try again."

I called Sky on Monday, and when the advisor tried to order it on line, he got the same error message. We then tried to place the order over the phone with the credit card, and that told the advisor that we needed to book an engineer's visit (!), which isn't necessary - plus it was ages in the future. The advisor said he would raise it with their technical tem, and it would take 3-5 working days to resolve. He said he would call me back today - he hasn't - and I tried placing the order again, and got the same error message.

What a nightmare......

This message was authored by WindyBuffs This message was authored by: WindyBuffs

Well, credit where credit is due. After my last post, I called Sky again, and the person I spoke to this time said I had been misinformed by his colleague earlier that week. We were able to place the order over the phone there and then, and the Sky Q mini box turned up a few days later. I had absolutely no problems setting it up, it went really smoothly.

So, if you can't place the order online from your account, try ringing the Customer Services number, and hopefully, you will have similar luck to me!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion